ANADIGICS Expands Surface Mount Line Amplifier Family
ANADIGICS today announced that the Company has introduced three new surface mount line amplifiers. The ACA2460E, ACA2461E, and ACA2462E 1 GHz line amplifiers are optimized for cable television (CATV) systems in Asia by combining low power consumption and enhanced thermal performance with a wide gain range.
These new line amplifiers also provide world-class linearity to ensure optimal performance in a fully-loaded spectrum.
“As emerging CATV markets aggressively build out new infrastructure, equipment manufacturers are seeking RF components that meet the unique specifications required by these applications,” said Tim Laverick, vice president of Infrastructure Products at ANADIGICS. “ANADIGICS’ line amplifiers continue to set the performance and reliability standard, ensuring distortion-free video and audio, while minimizing costly field failures. Our new surface mount line amplifiers expand our MMIC product family with a wider range of gain and significantly reduced power consumption targeted for CATV systems in Asia.”
ANADIGICS’ new 24 V MMIC line amplifier “eco” power doublers leverage the Company’s proven MESFET technology to deliver world-class linearity and industry-leading reliability. The ACA2460E, ACA2461E, and ACA2462E line amplifiers provide 22 dB, 25 dB, and 28 dB of gain, respectively, to provide the performance and flexibility required to design systems up to 1 GHz. With lower power consumption and the proven thermal characteristics of ANADIGICS’ standard SOIC package platform, these new MMIC line amplifiers help reduce heat sink requirements. ANADIGICS will also demonstrate an innovative system-level manufacturing solution for these MMICs during the 2013 China Content Broadcasting Networking (CCBN) conference in Beijing, China.
ANADIGICS Line Amplifier Family Key Facts and Highlights:
• Optimized for a wide variety of applications
• Complete portfolio of line amplifier MMICs and hybrid modules to provide maximum design flexibility
• Products optimized for 1 GHz and 870 MHz systems
• Industry-leading performance
• Low composite triple beat (CTB), composite second order (CSO), and cross modulation distortion characteristics for optimal performance in a fully loaded spectrum
• Exceptional output power, gain, and thermal performance optimized for a variety of system implementations
• World-class ruggedness and reliability
• Proven ANADIGICS GaAs MESFET process for a high mean-time-to-failure (MTTF)
• Over 26 million GaAs line amplifier MMICs have been shipped since 1996
• High tolerance to ESD for enhanced ruggedness in outdoor applications
Samples of the ACA2460E, ACA2461E, and ACA2462E are available for qualified customers.