LEON GSM/GPRS modules from u-blox achieve major certifications
The LEON G-100 and G-200 are optimized to work with u-blox’ GPS receivers to support low-cost, mass-market, location-aware telematics applications requiring mobile connectivity such as asset tracking, fleet management, road pricing, vehicle recovery and mobile emergency services such as eCall. They are also ideal for use in machine-to-machine telemetry systems for Automatic Meter Reading (AMR), Remote Monitoring Automation and Control (RMAC), surveillance and security, anti theft systems and Point of Sales (PoS) terminals.u-bl
* FCC: US Federal Communications Commission certification certifies compliance with US RF emissions requirements.
* IC: Certification and Engineering Bureau of Industry Canada provides a certification service for both radio and terminal equipment operating in Canada.
* PTCRB: the Personal Communication Service Type Certification Review Board, an independent organization with global membership providing GSM / UMTS Type Certification for mobile devices and components.
* R&TTE: the Radiocommunications and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive, is a compliance regulation for Radio and Telecoms equipment that is sold in Europe.
* LEON has also demonstrated compliance with the Global Certification Forum (GCF) requirements.
“These certifications are a significant step towards establishing our LEON family of GSM/GPRS modules as industry standard, off-the-shelf wireless modems for the global M2M market. We are very satisfied with the evaluation results, and are proud to display the certificates as proof of the quality of our products.” said Thomas Seiler, CEO of u-blox.
In addition to these four certifications, country- and operator specific certifications are expected to be completed in various countries all over the world in the coming weeks.
A handy evaluation kit, the EVK-G25H, which also includes GPS functionality, is available from u-blox for evaluation of LEON.
1st March 2013
Caravan Alarm System Controlled by LPRS Wireless Keyfob and Receiver Module
15th November 2012
ADLINK Technology Announces Latest Industrial Mobile Handheld Device
19th December 2011
Fairchild Semiconductor’s Digital Microphone Series Converts ECM Outputs to Digital PDM Data Streams, and includes Temperature Compensation
13th October 2011
Hand held terminals optimised for retail and industrial applications
27th September 2011
Toshiba Launches Wireless IC Compliant with TransferJetTM Close Proximity Wireless Transfer Technology
16th September 2011
TI introduces the industry’s smallest High-Speed USB protection device for portable applications