Separate from the live Automotive demonstrations, ADI experts will also be available to discuss ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) technology solutions in detail, and how this next gen safety system will underpin next gen autonomous driving automobiles. Additionally this year, and new to the ADI stand is the Analog Garage, an in-house emerging business incubator and idea accelerator that helps bring new ideas and disruptive solutions to life.
Analog Garage is where key partners can propose, explore and potentially commercialise their intiative or innovation. Internet of Things will be a strength at the show with 8 demonstrations, new product releases, and interactive SMARTopolis demos. At electronica’s Embedded Platform and Forum, various ADI speakers will present, most notably, the launch of a new switching evolution to service RF instrumentation and test system needs. A joint presentation with Advantest will take place at the ADI stand.
Healthcare: Optical Heart Rate, Electrical Heart Activity and Bio-Impedance Measurement
- Multi-Parameter Wearable Health Device: Have a look at how ADI sensors are combined in this 2016 wearable Vital Signs Monitoring (VSM) platform to measure optical heart rate, electrical heart activity (ECG) and bio-impedance.
Instrumentation: RF Attenuator Application, 3GHz Signal Analyser and Photoelectric Measurement
- ADI MEMS switch technology enables state-of-the-art RF performance: Be among the first to see ADI’s new RF MEMS switch technology. Designed for Automatic Test Equipment (ATE), the new switches feature a bandwidth of up to 26.5GHz to enable faster test times and longer equipment lifetime while significantly reducing costly test downtime caused by the failure of conventional relays.
- The All-ADI 3GHz Signal Analyser: See the broad reach and capabilities of the ADI portfolio. With a signal chain that includes 46 parts from Analog Device, this analyser has a frequency range from near DC to 3GHz with 90dB of dynamic range and 100MHz signal bandwidth.
- Measuring the Photoelectric Effect with the ADA4530-1 Electrometer Op Amp: This demo leverages the industry leading ultralow (sub-femtoampere) input bias current performance of the ADA4530-1 op amp to measure electrons ejected by a photo-emissive material in response to light.
Process control: Industrial automation solutions and power density enhancement
- Solutions for next gen industrial automation: This demonstration shows complete industrial system with field instruments, controllers and machine health monitoring devices using wired, wireless and internet communication.
- Significantly increase power densities for wide band-gap power switching using isolated gate drivers: Discover how key ADI isolation, process control, sensing and communication technologies directly address the challenges faced by the deployment of WBG (Wide Band-Gap) power switching and increasingly complicated multi-level control topologies.
Automotive: Safety, signal chain solution, position and current sensing, and in-car communications systems
- TMR position and current sensing for motor control applications: Have a look at how ADI’s robust sensors are engineered for PWM rejection and immunity to stray magnetic fields so they can stand up to real world interference and improve motor control designs.
- Automotive Audio Bus (A2B) enables efficient in-car communications systems: Discover how a microphone array in an A2B-connected (AD2410) in-car communications system can discriminate among multiple speakers despite the presence of heavy background noise.
- Next gen 4DoF Integrated Inertial Cluster: Analog Devices will leverage its nearly 25-year heritage developing sensors for automotive safety applications by demonstrating a new MEMS-based solution for vehicle electronic stability control.
- Check and diagnose energy meters with mSure technology: Learn about the benefits of Analog Devices’ mSure technology, which reduces operating expenses for energy meter manufacturers and utility companies.
SMARTopolis: Structural health monitoring, smart occupancy sensing and molecular sensors
- Structural health monitoring: See how the AD4003 (18-Bit, 2-MSPS SAR ADC) is used as part of a high-precision data acquisition solution to sequentially digitise multiple information streams from various types of sensors (vibration, temperature, force, etc.)
- Smart parking: Experience how the single-unit BLIP (Blackfin Low-Power Imaging Platform) is able to monitor multiple parking spaces.
- Smart occupancy sensing: See the BLIP (Blackfin Low-Power Imaging Platform) in a smart building indoor occupancy sensing application. Using an algorithm that was developed to minimise customer design cycles, the BLIP system outputs minimised information.
- Connected crop monitoring for smart agriculture: Learn how this wireless crop monitoring platform can improve crop growth.
- Finding the perfect tomato: Discover how ADI technology can find the best-tasting tomato before you actually taste it.
Power Management – The right Power Management for industrial use cases
- Industrial power management – energy harvesting: See how the new ADP5091 energy harvesting DC-to-DC converter with MPPT (maximum power point tracking) delivers high energy flow, and how its SIDO (single-inductor dual-output) capability can generate a second, well-regulated output voltage.
- Industrial power management – 36V, 3A step-down regulators for greater efficiency: Get an introduction to the new ADP2443 synchronous 3A step down regulator and learn how it can reduce system cost and board space.
- Industrial power management – low noise power converter: Experience a demonstration of the new ADP5003, a 3A step-down switching regulator with a low-noise linear regulator for post filtering included on the same chip.
Embedded platform conference speakers
- Tom Meaney - Functional Safety Technical Specialist - November 9th, 2016 14:50-15:30h | Press Center East
- Topic: What functional safety module designers need from IC developers
- Eric Carty - Applications Engineer - November 10th, 2016 16:00-16:40h | Press Center East
- Topic: ADI MEMS Switch Technology, a switching solution evolution to service RF instrumentation and test system needs
Embedded Forum Speakers
- Jason Lynch - Director of IoT Strategy: November 8th, 2016 13:00-13:30h
- Topic: Transformation that is enabled by Internet of Things
- Maithil Pachchigar - Product Applications Engineer: November 8th, 2016 15:30-16:00h
- Topic: Next Generation SAR ADC Simplifies Precision Measurement
- Scott Hunt - System Applications Engineer: November 8th, 2016 16:30-17:00h
- Topic: Electrometer-grade op amp enables simple measurement of the photoelectric effect
- Bob Clarke - Systems Applications Engineering Manager: November 9th, 2016 11:00-11:30h
- Topic: A LF-3GHz Signal Analyser with 100MHz Signal Bandwidth and as much as 90dB of dynamic range
- Gustavo Castro - System Applications Engineer: November 9th, 2016 12:30-13:00h
- Topic: A FemtoAmpere-Meter reference design and development module for charged particle detection
- Ken Waurin, Strategic Marketing Manager: November 10th, 2016 14:30-15:00h
- Topic: Automotive Audio Bus - Digital Bus Technology for Emerging Infotainment Applications
ADI at electronica: Hall A4, Booth 141