Improved accuracy and resolution for programmable DC loads
Designer and manufacturer of reliable, cost-effective test and measurement instruments, B&K Precision, has announced their new 8500B series of programmable DC loads, improving upon all aspects of its popular 8500 Series.
These new loads are a cost-effective alternative to B&K Precision's 8600 Series which come with a similar feature set. For system integrators, the 8500B series offers backward compatibility with the legacy 8500 series protocol as well as support of industry-standard SCPI commands.
Equipped for a variety of benchtop and production line applications, the 8500B series is suitable for testing DC-DC converters, batteries, battery chargers, and photovoltaic arrays
- Constant Current (CC), Constant Voltage (CV), Constant Resistance (CR), Constant Power (CW) operation.
- List mode, transient operation, automatic test mode, battery test function, adjustable slew rate.
- Transient mode up to ten kilohertz in CC mode.
- Sixteen-bit voltage and current measurement system providing up to 0.1 mV / 0.1 mA of resolution.
- Full OVP/OCP/OPP/OTP including local and remote reverse voltage (LRV/RRV) protection.
- Built-battery test function.
- Flexible triggering options: front panel, external input, timer, or bus.
- Multi-type input terminals for banana jack or spade type connectors.
These loads also include PC software for front panel emulation and generating test sequences and are compatible with B&K Precision's battery test software for discharge tests.
The 8500B series consists of four models each in a 2U (half-rack) form factor with a starting price of $910 and backed by a three-year standard warranty.