Isolated dual-channel gate driver with dead time
The UCC21222-Q1 device is an isolated dual channel gate driver from Texas Instruments with programmable dead time and wide temperature range. This device exhibits consistent performance and robustness under extreme temperature conditions. It is designed with 4A peak-source and 6A peak-sink current to drive power MOSFET, IGBT, and GaN transistors.
The UCC21222-Q1 device can be configured as two low side drivers, two high side drivers, or a half-bridge driver. 5ns delay matching performance allows two outputs to be paralleled, doubling the drive strength for heavy load conditions without risk of internal shoot-through.
The input side is isolated from the two output drivers by a 3.0kVRMS isolation barrier, with a minimum of 100V/ns Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI).
Resistor programmable dead time gives the capability to adjust dead time for system constraints to improve efficiency and prevent output overlap.
Other protection features include: Disable feature to shut down both outputs simultaneously when DIS is set high, integrated deglitch filter that rejects input transients shorter than 5ns, and negative voltage handling for up to -2V spikes for 200ns on input and output pins. All supplies have UVLO protection.
- AEC Q100 Qualified with:
- Device Temperature Grade 1
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C6
- Junction Temperature Range –40°C to 150°C
- Resistor-Programmable Dead Time
- Universal: Dual Low-Side, Dual High-Side or Half-Bridge Driver
- 4A Peak Source, 6A Peak Sink Output
- 3V to 5.5V Input VCCI Range
- Up to 18V VDD Output Drive Supply
- 8V VDD UVLO
- Switching Parameters:
- 28ns Typical Propagation Delay
- 10ns Minimum Pulse Width
- 5ns Maximum Delay Matching
- 5.5ns Maximum Pulse-Width Distortion
- TTL and CMOS Compatible Inputs
- Integrated Deglitch Filter
- I/Os withstand –2V for 200ns
- Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI) Greater than 100V/ns
- Isolation Barrier Life more than 40 Years
- Surge Immunity up to 7800-VPK
- Narrow Body SOIC-16 (D) Package
- Safety-Related Certifications (Planned):
- 4242-VPK Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-11:2017-01 and DIN EN 61010-1
- 3000-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL 1577
- CSA Certification per IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1 and IEC 61010-1 End Equipment Standards
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011
For more informatiom, click here.