Beefing up hardware solutions for SDN/NFV implementations
Lanner has released the NCA-2510 which is the latest 1U 19” rackmount network appliance with virtualisation optimised design and Intel Atom C3000 CPU (codenamed Denverton). The NCA-2510 is powered by Intel’s Atom C3958, C3758 or C3558 CPU, offering up to 16 cores of processing prowess. In additional to having a high core count, the NCA-2510 also features 10G interface for SFP+, SR-IOV support, Intel AES-NI and Intel QuickAssist Technology, running at 20G.
Intel QuickAssist Technology and SR-IOV support not only enable hardware-based acceleration services for encryption/compression but also allow different virtual machines in a virtual environment to share a single PCI Express hardware interface, making the NCA-2510 the suitable solution for vCPE, uCPE, SD-WAN and SD-Security on Intel architecture servers.
The NCA-2510’s other outstanding specifications are as followed:
- Five times GbE, four times SFP+ and two pairs of Gen3 Bypass (By SKU)
- Max. 32GB System Memory, two 2.5” HDD/SSD Drive Bays and one mSATA
- One times NIC Module Slot, two USB 2.0 and one PCI-E8 HH/HL (Optional)
- 2 Cooling Fans
- IPMI/TPM/Secure boot
The NCA-1611, another one of Lanner’s NCA Series network appliances, features NEBS-compliance, K.21 certification, desktop form factor and is built with Intel Xeon D-1500 Series CPU (codenamed Broadwell-DE NS).
It is virtualisation-ready, offers eight times LAN ports, two 10G SFP+, up to 128GB (RDIMM) or 64GB (ECC) system memory, Intel QAT and SR-IOV; its Intel QAT runs at 40G, making it the most suitable hardware solution for SD-VPN and SD-Security deployment scenarios.
Virtualisation-optimised network appliance for vCPE, uCPE, SD-WAN and SD-Security
- Intel Atom C3958, C3758 or C3558 CPU (4 ~16 Cores)
- Four 288-pin DIMM DDR4 2400MHz, Max. 32GB System Memory
- Five GbE RJ45, 2x SFP+, Two Pairs of Gen3 Bypass (By SKU)
- 10G interface for SFP+, 1x NIC Module Slot, 2x USB 2.0
- Intel QuickAssist Technology at 20Gbps
- SR-IOV, Intel AES-NI Support
- Two 2.5” HDD/SSD Drive Bays, and one mSATA
- One PCI-E*8 HH/HL (Optional)
- Two Cooling Fans