LASER COMPONENTS is pleased to represent Dexter Research Centre, specialists in the manufacturing of stable, high quality, high output radiation sensing thermopile detectors with a linear dynamic range from the UV to long wave IR.
Thermopile detectors are passive radiation sensing voltage-generating devices that require no bias or cooling and do not emit any radiation.
Spectral sensitivity is defined by the selection of optical band-pass filters, with dozens of options available. Thermopile output is generally in the micro-Volt to milli-Volt range depending on target size, temperature, and radiance.
Thermopile detectors generate no 1/ƒ or microphonic noise, but only the Johnson noise of their resistance. Additionally, thermopile detectors provide a stable output for DC radiation up to a frequency limited by the time constant. Unlike pyroelectric detectors, no chopper or modulation is required.
Applications are broad and include the following:
- hand-held non-contact temperature measurements
- non-contact temperature measurements in industrial applications and process control
- infrared radiometry
- automotive exhaust gas analysis of CO, CO2, & HC
- medical gas analysis including anaesthetic, incubator CO and CO2, blood alcohol breathalysers
- fire detection
- blood glucose monitoring
- human presence and detection
- custom sub-assemblies including mechanics and PCB’s