FPGA-based PCIe board targets networking applications
BittWare announced at the 2016 RSA Conference the release of its Xilinx UltraScale FPGA-based board, the XUSPL4. The low-profile PCIe board offers up to two bifurcated Gen3 x8 PCIe interfaces, along with two front panel QSFP28 cages each supporting 4 lanes of 25Gbps or a single lane of 100Gbps - including 100GbE.
Precision clocking and timing options, along with dual 72b banks of on-board DDR4 memory (up to 32GB total), round out the board's feature set. Combined, these features make the XUSPL4 suitable for a wide range of data centre and networking applications, including network processing and cybersecurity, acceleration, storage and broadcast.
The board also offers features and tools that ease development and integration. A comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) with host software support for advanced system monitoring greatly simplifies platform management. A complete software tool suite and FPGA development/project examples provide a range of options to meet customers' varying development needs.
"BittWare is pleased to add another Xilinx UltraScale FPGA-based board to our line of products" said Jeffry Milrod, President and CEO, BittWare. "Many of our customers have requested a low-profile PCIe board with high-bandwidth and performance. I'm confident that the XUSPL4 meets or exceeds those requirements, and will quickly prove to be a compelling option for network security applications."
"It's exciting to see BittWare, a recent addition to the Xilinx Alliance Program, already introducing their second Xilinx UltraScale FPGA-based board," said Chris Hallahan, Director, Xilinx Alliance Program. "BittWare's XUSPL4 board with up to 200G of bandwidth on an All Programmable, production-ready PCIe card platform will be well positioned for network security, SDN/NFV, cloud computing and 4G/5G applications."
BittWare's XUSPL4 is a low-profile PCIe card based on the Xilinx Virtex and Kintex UltraScale FPGAs.
- High performance Xilinx Virtex UltraScale VU065,VU080,VU095 or Kintex UltraScale KU095
- Up to two independent PCIe Gen3 x8 interfaces
- One x8 interface in a standard slot; two x8 interfaces requires bifurcated slot
- Two QSFP28 cages for 2x 100GbE, 8x 25GbE, 2x 40GbE, or 8x 10GbE
- Up to 32 GBytes of on-board DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 banks of 72b each) with optional error correcting codes (ECC) and bandwidths of up to 346 Gbps
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- USB 2.0 for programming, debug, or control with optional integrated Platform Cable USB functionality
- Precision timestamping and synchronisation support
- Reference clock/synchronisation input and output
- Tunable high-accuracy TCXO
- Programmable clock synthesiser (Si5338)
- Complete software support with BittWare's BittWorks II Toolkit
- FPGA project/development examples for FPGA board support IP and integration