Green Hills Software Delivers INTEGRITY RTOS Multicore Support for OCTEON® Family of Microprocessors from Cavium Networks
Green Hills Software and Cavium Networks, a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home, today announced the availability of Green Hills Software’s multicore development solutions for Cavium Networks’ OCTEON family of multicore processors. Green Hills Software’s portfolio of optimized software solutions and comprehensive services for OCTEON’s cnMIPS64®-based architecture includes the certified safe and secure INTEGRITY real-time operating system (RTOS), Green Hills Platform for Secure Networking, GateD® Layer 3 Routing Protocols, MULTI® integrated development environment (IDE), optimizing C/C++ compilers, and Green Hills Probe, along with extensive legacy application porting and code optimization services.The
“The addition of Green Hills support for our widely adopted OCTEON processors offers comprehensive RTOS software solutions and extensive expert services to address the growing software complexity and legacy code reuse challenges our customers face,” said Rajiv Khemani, vice president and general manager, Networking and Communications Division, Cavium Networks. “Green Hills’ OCTEON-optimized products in combination with its legacy RTOS porting services and design optimization techniques are key for our joint customers in providing the ability for maximum reuse, performance and scalability of their end products across several existing and new customer segments.”
“As the leading provider of secure, reliable software solutions in the embedded marketplace, Green Hills is pleased to be adding support for Cavium’s family of multicore OCTEON processors,” commented David Kleidermacher, chief technology officer, Green Hills Software. “As more devices become Internet-connected, Cavium’s scalable, high-performance, low-power solutions for intelligent networking applications coupled with our software and services offer a critical foundation for successful product deployment and use.”
Green Hills Support for OCTEON Processors
Green Hills Software’s comprehensive solutions for Cavium deliver a flexible set of multicore operating system configurations, extensive networking support and advanced multicore debug tools to optimize multicore software design.
• INTEGRITY RTOS – provides device total reliability and absolute security while delivering a flexible set of multicore operating system configurations, including single core, Asymmetric Multiprocessing (AMP) and Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP) with support for network acceleration and offload.
• INTEGRITY Secure Networking – combination of the INTEGRITY RTOS’ security architecture, its advanced GHNet TCP/IP v4/v6 networking stack, and GateD Layer 3 routing capabilities delivering unmatched security and reliability without compromising system throughput.
• MULTI Integrated Development Environment – provides a complete software development environment for building, debugging, testing and optimizing multicore embedded applications.
• Green Hills Optimizing Compilers – generate the smallest and fastest code for C, C++, targeting the cnMIPS64 Architecture.
• Green Hills Probe – helps developers find and fix bugs faster than any other probes with its comprehensive run-control and multicore processor visibility interfaces optimized to support synchronous hardware and software multicore breakpoints.
• Professional Services – Green Hills embedded experts collaborate with end user system designers and architects to tackle the difficult problems of legacy code porting, reuse and optimization for VxWorks, OSE, Linux, in-house operating systems and more, along with consulting services for general system performance optimization.
Cavium Networks OCTEON Processors
The Cavium Networks OCTEON family of multicore cnMIPS64 processors is among the industry's most scalable, highest-performance, and lowest-power solutions for intelligent networking applications ranging from 100Mbps to 40Gbps. These software-compatible processors, with one to thirty-two cnMIPS cores on a single chip, integrate next-generation networking I/Os along with the most advanced security, storage, and application hardware acceleration. This enables unprecedented throughput and programmability for the Layer 2 through Layer 7 processing requirements of intelligent networks.
Demonstration at Interop Las Vegas – April 27-29 (Cavium booth #1659)
Green Hills Software will demonstrate its comprehensive multicore support on Cavium Networks’ OCTEON family of multicore processors at Interop 2010 in Las Vegas. Green Hills will feature its latest operating system and debuggers for multicore application development based on the INTEGRITY RTOS, coupled with the industry’s most advanced multicore development and debugging environment, MULTI.
25th April 2013
Green Hills Software Announces INTEGRITY RTOS and MULTI IDE Support for Freescale’s QorIQ T4240 64-bit Multicore Processor
26th February 2013
Green Hills Software Announces INTEGRITY RTOS and MULTI IDE Support for Marvell’s ARMADA XP Multicore Processo
14th January 2011
Green Hills Software announces support plans for 2nd generation Intel Core processor family
23rd December 2010
Green Hills Software to Showcase World’s Fastest Trace Probe at Embedded World
22nd September 2010
Green Hills Software supports NetLogic Microsystems’ XLP™ multicore, multi-threaded processor family
24th June 2010
Green Hills Software announces support for Freescale’s Kinetis microcontrollers
24th June 2010
Green Hills Software supports Freescale’s innovative 64-bit e5500 technology and three newest QorIQ communications processors
20th May 2010
Green Hills Software extends support for Cavium Networks OCTEON II family of multicore microprocessors
28th April 2010
Green Hills Software and Freescale Semiconductor Enter Into Multi-Year Strategic Alliance for Advanced Software Solutions
26th April 2010
Green Hills Software Supports Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 Microprocessors from Texas Instruments