Devar prepares to launch an augmented reality conference platform
Technological company Devar, specialising in augmented reality (AR) technology, is gearing up to launch an innovative conference platform capable of conducting video calls in augmented reality mode.
The new conference platform will be integrated with the existing AR content creation platform, MyWebAR, enabling users to interact with AR content through online streaming and communicate with each other.
Areas where the Devar AR conference platform proves advantageous include:
- Collaborative project work: participants in projects will no longer need to exchange 3D content files. Instead, they can immediately engage in collaborative work on the content.
- Online broadcasting and webinars: the platform allows for online broadcasting in augmented reality to a large number of participants. Guests not only become spectators but also active participants, interacting with AR objects through the MyWebAR platform.
- Evolution of online meetings: in its next stage of development, the Devar conference platform will introduce holograms to online streaming. This vision of the future promises fully immersive and engaging virtual meetings
Target audience of the new platform:
- Business: presentations, project discussions, complex mechanisms, and more.
- Education: potentially all dimensional models and figures can be utilised in augmented reality, even as physical objects. New possibilities emerge for lectures in medical institutions.
- Art projects: immersive exhibitions, spaces, online meetings with artists, and presentations of volumetric art projects. The future is already here.
The Devar team is actively implementing this new format within internal meetings, testing the beta version. Currently, Devar is refining the user interface, enhancing functionality, and plans to release the initial version of the platform based on MyWebAR in the near future. The use of the new AR conference platform will require smartphones or tablets, and in the future, users will be able to access augmented reality through specialised glasses.
Andrey Komissarov, Founder and CTO of Devar, remarks: "The new Devar communication platform represents a cloud-based tool for conducting conferences in augmented reality. Our solution raises the bar for familiar platforms such as Zoom, Skype, and Microsoft Teams: combining online broadcasting capabilities with immersive technologies. Devar has been working with AR since 2015, and we understand the power of immersive technologies for addressing various business challenges. Devar serves as a bridge to bring immersive technologies to traditional companies."
The first phase in the development of the Devar communication platform involves merging video broadcasts with AR content in a single space, with the subsequent step being the replacement of videos with holograms.