Lattice mVision solution stack enables 4K video processing
Lattice's mVision solution stack delivers higher image signal processing performance, support for LPDDR4 DRAM, and expanded hardware support for popular vision and high-speed data interfaces.
As industry analyst Bob O’Donnell with TECHnalysis Research noted: “LPDDR4 memory provides device designers with a great range of different capacities/densities, speeds, and power requirements that can be matched to specific applications. Because of its low power nature, LPDDR4 memory is particularly well-suited for embedded and machine vision in battery-powered devices or other applications where thermal management is a challenge.”
“Embedded and machine vision applications enable compelling new user experiences across Industrial, Automotive, and Consumer markets. But supporting vision applications at the Edge requires developers to achieve a delicate balance between providing the processing performance these applications require while fitting within the design’s power consumption and physical footprint constraints,” said Mark Hoopes, Director of Industrial and Automotive Segment Marketing, Lattice Semiconductor.
“Our mVision stack simplifies and accelerates embedded vision solution development, and our latest release leverages the class-leading features of Lattice Nexus FPGAs to support high performance interfaces and faster processing at low power.”
Further highlights of the Lattice mVision solution stack version 2.1 include:
- Expanded support capabilities – the stack’s expanded capabilities include support for the LPDDR4 DRAM memory standard. With up to eight programmable SERDES lanes capable of speeds up to 10.3 Gbps, Lattice Nexus platform devices deliver the highest system bandwidth in their class to enable popular communication and display interfaces like 10 Gigabit Ethernet, PCI Express, SLVS-EC, CoaXPress, and HBR3 DisplayPort (at up to 8.1 Gbps per lane).
- Signal bridging and duplication reference designs – the latest reference designs help developers convert legacy video standards commonly used in Industrial applications to the more widely-used MIPI standard. The reference designs include:
- MIPI to parallel conversion
- Parallel to MIPI conversion
- MIPI CSI-2 to LVDS conversion
- 1-to-N MIPI duplicator
- New ISP solutions
- Lattice ISP support for Lattice Nexus FPGAs
- ISP support from Lattice partner Helion enables high resolution, high frame rate UHD cameras