Sensor solutions to meet the challenges of the future at CES
At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in January 2019, ams will showcase several different technologies for the mobile devices, computing, consumer electronics and automotive sectors.
With the company's ‘Sensing is Life’ exhibition suites at The Venetian, 29th Floor, visitors will experience sensor solutions including: medical-grade wearable devices that monitor blood pressure; the most advanced 3D technology for smart phones, computing, automotive and robotics; behind OLED solutions for bezel-less phones; colour sensors that enhance pictures to professional levels; the tiny, yet powerful earbud technology for a relaxing ANC experience (digital and analogue).
See how ams' 3D technology will be used in the applications of tomorrow: from solid-state LiDAR to 3D car access and commands, to 3D solutions and advanced hearing for robotics and AI.
“At ams, Sensing is life, and our ground-breaking sensor solutions touch every aspect of people’s lives today,” said Alexander Everke, CEO at ams. “We invest to remain at the forefront of technology to create new market trends, helping our customers differentiate while providing excitingly useful technology to their customers.”
‘Sensing is Life’ exhibition suites at CES - industry-dedicated innovation showcases
Visit ams exhibition suites at The Venetian, located in the CES Tech West quarter, where the company's showcase includes:
Mobile, consumer and computing:
- High performance colour spectral sensing solutions for distance and colour matching, skin tone and color measurement and CCT.
- Behind OLED technology developed by ams to enable accurate ambient light, colour and proximity sensing solutions to operate behind OLED displays used in next-gen mobile handsets.
- The slimmest proximity/colour sensor module for bezel-less smartphone designs.
- Digital Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) Here you will get to experience the upcoming AS3460 solution which reduces background noise while enhancing the listening experience for the wearer in any environment.
- Analogue Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) ams confirms its leadership in analogue ANC by demonstrating latest consumer headsets. Visitors will experience the acoustic performance and low power consumption at an affordable price.
- POW:COM ams will demonstrate interface technology which enables power and communication between a true wireless earbud and a charging cradle over a two-wire connection for Android-based systems.
- Wireless Earbuds to experience True Wireless Stereo (TWS) from ams, the TMD2635 addresses the ’in-ear detection‘ function in a small package with low power usage.
- 3D Face ID for automotive, demonstrate how its 3D sensors can be used for driver identification and access control giving drivers a safer automotive experience.
- Projected Lighting with Micro Lens Array (MLA) demonstration will show how projection technology from ams enables automotive manufacturers to implement compact, small-footprint projection lighting which can cast bright and crisp images onto flat surfaces.
- Hands on Detection (HoD) experience first-hand how ams sensors can detect if the driver’s hand is on the steering wheel or not.
- Solid-state LiDAR technology overview.
- The smallest cameras: NanEyeM and NanEyeXS Miniature, high resolution CMOS image sensors for medical and industrial use, as well as other applications.
- Latest Bio sensor innovations for control and vital signs monitoring (heart-rate, blood pressure, stress levels).
- High performance colour spectral sensors for water monitoringas well as environmental sensor solutions for air quality monitoring.