Contactless position sensors offer stability in extreme conditions
Offering repeatability, accuracy, resolution, linearity and high stability under harsh environment conditions such as vibration, electromagnetic noise, shock, extreme temperatures, dither, moisture or dirt, PIHER has introduced its true hall-effect contactless position sensors. Over the last years the developments in the field of angular positions measurement using a variation of magnetic field amplitude induced by the displacement of a moving magnet has been intensified.
To meet the demands of angular positions measurement, PIHER has developed different product lines covering various mechanical interfaces for rotary postion sensors.
PIHER uses a technology, in combination with the appropriate signal processing, that is only sensitive to the magnetic flux density of a small magnet rotating above or tangential to the IC surface. This allows to decode the absolute rotary (angular) position from 0-360° in a non-contacting way. The output is available between analogue, PWM and serial protocol.
This technology enables the design of high performance non-contacting magnetic rotary position sensors without the limitations of potentiometric solutions (wear, electrical angle).
The main markets served are automotive, off-road, marine and medical.
End-of-shaft contactless sensor
- Traditional magnetic Hall effect design
- Drop-in contactless alternative to potentiometers
- Fly leads or integrated connectors
Through-shaft contactless sensor
- Magnetic Hall effect with single and multi-turn outputs
- Through or hollow-shaft mechanical design wraps around any shaft, delivering position data directly from source
- Easy to integrate. No mechanical interfaces
Touchless variable airgap sensor (CUSTOM SOLUTION ONLY)
- Truly touchless using magnetic Hall Effect technology
- Customised configuration allowing separate electronic and magnetic modules when a single mechanical configuration cannot be installed
- Simple and robust magnetic design
- Low cost, low profile
- Linearity: ±1% absolute (0.5% upon request)
- Programmable angular range up to 360° (without dead band)
- Programmable linear transfer characteristic
- Selectable analogue, PWM, and serial protocol
- Programmable switch output
- Angular resolution: up to 14-bit
- Full redundant option
- Self-diagnostic features
- Rotational life: Greater than 50,000,000 cycles
- Supply voltage: 5V ±10%
- +10V over voltage protection and -10V reverse voltage protection
- Special customer specific version upon request.