Maximum surge protection for outdoor LED lighting
Global fuse company, Littelfuse, has a long history of pioneering innovative products and services to serve the engineering needs of customers and industries. The company has recently introduced the LSP05G. This thermally protected Surge Protective Device is a self-protected device specially designed to be used in outdoor and commercial LED lighting fixtures for transient overvoltage protection. It has been developed with Littelfuse’s thermally protected varistor technology.
Its built-in thermal disconnect function provides additional protection to prevent catastrophic failure and fire hazard even under extreme circumstances of varistor end-of-life or sustaining over voltage conditions. It also provides high line-to-earth/ground resistance, facilitating faster production line testing.
LSP05G series connected option allows clear indication of thermal fault protection by disconnecting power to luminaire, thereby signalling SPD module replacement. The LSP05G Surge Protective Device facilitates customer’s product compliance to IEEE C62.41.2 Location Category C Low and US Dept. of Energy MSSLC Model Spec.
The LSP05G series is suitable for a range of applications including, but not limited to, digital signage, flood lighting, parking garage lighting, roadway lighting, street lighting, traffic lighting, tunnel lighting, and wall wash lighting.
- Meets IEEE C62.41.2 Location Category C Low Exposure, ANSI C136.2 Enhanced Level Specs and US Dept. of Energy MSSLC Model Spec.
- Thermally protected varistor technology
- Parallel-connected and series-connected options
- Recognised to UL 14491 and complies with EN/IEC 61643-11 Class II2
- High line-to-earth/ground resistance
- Optimised surge immunity solution to protect the outdoor LED fixture investment
- Internal varistors thermally protected to prevent failure due to end-of-life or continuous overvoltage faults
- Series Connection – clear indication for SPD module replacement by turning luminaire off when the thermal fail-safe protection is activated
Parallel Connection – for high-reliability lighting applications, SPD disconnects itself at end-of-life and keeps luminaire powered
- Enables worldwide marketing of lighting fixtures
- Facilitates faster production line Insulation Resistance testing.
Click here to find out more.