Storage server with Dual Cavium ThunderX processors
WIN Enterprises, Inc. announces the PL-81060, a high-performance server with dual Cavium ThunderX processors optimised as a Cloud and Data Center server. ThunderX is the Cavium 64-bit ARMv8 server processor family for next generation high-performance computing and hyperscale datacenter workloads. The unit provides up to 248 TB of storage. The 64-bit ARM-based PL-81060 uses the standard-size 2U chassis that is popular in the cloud market.
• High-density, high-performance, cost-effective server;
• Up to 24x 3.5’’ HDD providing up to 240 TB of storage and 4x 2.5’’ HDD/SSD providing an additional 8 TB of cache storage;
• Dual CAVIUM ThunderX CN8890-2000 processors, 48 cores each;
• Up to 1 TB DDR4 Memory;
• 1000 Watts 2U Redundant 80-Plus Power Supply (PLATINUM Level);
• 4x 10 GbE and 1x 40 GbE via QSFP.
The PL-81060 platform features flexible storage/memory component allocation - up to 24x 3.5” HDD and 4x 2.5” HDD/SDD and 1TB DDR4 memory– making it effective for space-constrained applications.
Moreover, with its 1000 Watt 80 Plus Power Supply-unit, the PL-81060 consumes less power than comparable high-performance storage units. ARM processing provides a cost-effective server solution that enables customers to make more deployments in the cloud.
WIN Enterprises will work with customers to modify PL-81060 to more specific specifications when they order in standard OEM or above quantities.