Realising mobile LE applications: Panasonic PAN1782 Bluetooth 5.1 Low Energy Module
Panasonic's PAN1782 leverages the long range of Bluetooth 5.1, offering a higher symbol rate of 2 Mbit/s with the high-speed LE 2M PHY or a significantly longer range with the LE-encoded PHY at 500 kb/s or 125 kb/s.
The new channel selection algorithm (CSA#2) improves performance in high interference environments. In addition, the new LE Advertising enhancements enable much larger data volumes to be transmitted in connectionless scenarios.
This makes the module a reliable choice for applications in smart city, industrial mesh networks and medical environments.
Panasonic's portfolio and the PAN1782 are available at rutronik. Based on the Nordic nRF52833 Bluetooth chip, the module supports direction finding by angle of arrival (AOA) and angle of departure (AOD) via Bluetooth.
In addition, type 2 near field communication (NFC-A) is possible with the PAN1782, e.g., for simplified pairing and payment solutions. It also impresses with extremely low power consumption of only 4.9mA in TX and 4.7mA in RX mode and can easily be used in standalone mode.
In addition, the module supports Bluetooth Mesh, Thread and Zigbee Mesh protocols. Additional specifications:
- ARM Cortex-M4 (64 MHz) with 256 kB flash memory and 32 kB internal RAM
- 128-bit AES/ECB/CCM/AAR coprocessor for on-the-fly packet encryption
- Up to 16 general purpose I/Os (GPIO) shared by up to 4 SPI, 2 I²C, 2 UART, 8CH ADC, COMP QDEC, NFC-A, 4× PWM, nRESET
- Output power 8dBm, configurable from -20dBm in 4dB steps and -40dBm in whisper mode
- Sensitivity -96 dBm at 1 Mbit/s and -103 dBm at 125 kb/s
- Voltage range: 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
- Pin-compatible hardware replacement for PAN1026A, PAN1762, and PAN1781