Multivisor virtualisation solutions suit R-Car H3 SoC
Green Hills Software has announced the immediate availability of its safe and secure INTEGRITY RTOS and INTEGRITY Multivisor virtualisation solutions for Renesas’ R-Car H3 SoC, the first member of the third-generation R-Car automotive computing platform.
Green Hills Software delivered the embedded industry’s first 64-bit secure virtualisation solution last year, a platform that was partially developed with the specific capabilities of the R-Car H3 in mind. This Green Hills platform not only meets all of the ISO 26262 functional safety requirements of today’s automotive applications, but is versatile enough to be adapted to a wide range of applications from fully reconfigurable digital instrument clusters, to highly integrated automotive cockpits, to highly specialised ADAS providing the compute and sensor fusion capabilities for the upcoming autonomous vehicle age.
The INTEGRITY RTOS and Multivisor platform includes support for:
- Fully accelerated 3D graphics utilising the PowerVR GX6650 3D Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). Includes the capability to fully share the GPU between the host RTOS and multiple guest operating systems, all while ensuring the RTOS graphics applications have guaranteed priority for meeting functional safety requirements.
- Complete AUTOSAR-compliant application framework, allowing existing AUTOSAR software components to be seamlessly and tightly integrated, providing for maximum software re-use.
- Complete support for the various application processors on the R-Car H3 with a variety of configurations.
- Highly configurable virtualisation platform allowing users to seamlessly configure peripheral routing and utilisation between host RTOS and any guest operating system, including the ability to safely share peripherals between critical tasks and general-purpose tasks or guest operating systems.
- Secure virtualisation and separation technology allows ISO 26262-certified application code to coexist with general-purpose code or guest operating systems without any interference. The platform can monitor the health of all applications and guests in real-time.
- Support for functional safety elements of the Renesas R-Car H3 SoC.
- Maximum virtualisation performance utilising hardware acceleration built into the Renesas R-Car architecture.
“At Green Hills Software we are leveraging our experience deploying our Multivisor solution into automotive projects to build the safest and most secure platform suitable for all major automotive applications,” said Tim Reed, Vice President of Advanced Products, Green Hills Software. “The Renesas R-Car platform uniquely captures some of the key requirements car makers are demanding from their supply chains. It provides the right mix of performance and compute power as well as attention to detail when it comes to meeting functional safety demands.”
“As the market leader for worldwide in-vehicle infotainment SoCs, we are pleased to see Green Hills Software's own continued leadership in the functional safety and security markets come together with our technology to deliver a complete automotive computing and infotainment platform for meeting car makers’ high standards of security and functional safety,” said Amrit Vivekanand, vice president of the Automotive Business Unit, Renesas Electronics America.