EAO introduces new Series 09 universal switch
EAO enhances its Series 09 products with a new, innovative universal switch for automotive applications.
The Series 09 Universal Switch is designed for use in vehicle interiors, such as cars, buses, trucks, electric vehicles (EV), and other special vehicles. The automotive-quality switches have an ergonomic design and an appealing, durable surface coating with fantastic haptics and tactile feedback. In addition, standard illuminated symbols are available in accordance with ISO 7000 symbol database or to customer-specific requirements.
The Series 09 Universal Switch is available in two variations – single and dual contact – and offers universal configuration options, making it suitable for a wide range of applications. The basic versions include switches with white symbol illumination, and the option of zero, one, or three red LED status indicators. Red symbol illumination for use as a warning light switch is also available as a standard configuration. This universal switch is suitable for safety-relevant applications. Diagnostic capability resulting from resistance coding (Namur) enables, for example, cable breakages and switching states to be detected. There is also the option of two redundant switching signals.
The Series 09 Universal Switch is the best choice for numerous applications and is unique on the market with its variety of possibilities.
- Developed and manufactured in accordance with automotive quality standard IATF 16949
- Ergonomic, modular design with IP5K4 protection rating
- Standard ISO 7000 symbols or customer specific symbols available
- Multi-status indication for many applications
- Snap-in mounting and two tactile styles (firm or soft)
- Single and dual contacts available
- Mountable in standard DIN radio slot (DIN ISO 7736)
Typical applications (vehicle driver controls)
- Transmission selection (P R N D)
- Hazard warning
- Climate system
- Lighting interior and exterior
- Fan speed
- Accessory function controls