The in-vehicle experience of tomorrow
HARMAN International has announced its configurable entertainment and moodscape, the latest experience-centric lifestyle automotive solutions offering personalised entertainment, comfort and convenience for passengers. Developed on the company’s new HARMAN AudioworX platform, these new solutions deliver intelligently tailored in-vehicle experiences, ushering in a new era of personalisation for shared mobility and autonomous vehicles.
“When it comes to their vehicles, today’s consumers are all about the experience and are less concerned about the technology behind it. At HARMAN, we are constantly focused on innovating with the passenger in mind, integrating emerging technology with software-driven audio to provide the effortless, responsive experiences consumers have come to expect,” said Michael Mauser, President, Lifestyle Audio for HARMAN.
“Moodscape and configurable entertainment are perfect examples of how we’re re-inventing what is possible in the vehicle today, as well as for the autonomous future.”
Configurable entertainment: A personalised experience for every passenger, every ride, every day
The sharing economy shows no sign of slowing down, and car ownership trends will continue to shift. Consumers, however, continue to demand seamless connectivity and in-vehicle personalisation. These can be sacrificed with today’s ride sharing services, where personalization options are often dictated by owner rather than passenger preferences.
Targeted to shared fleet organisations like Uber and Lyft, HARMAN’s proprietary, software-based configurable entertainment allows shared mobility providers to offer multiple in-car brand and entertainment experiences through a single set of in-vehicle hardware. This puts the power of personalisation back into the hands of ride-share passengers, making every ride an extension of their lifestyle.
With configurable entertainment, automakers can further differentiate from competitors and increase overall customer satisfaction by offering consumers a choice of in-vehicle audio brand experiences.
For example, one user can select in-vehicle gaming or a heart-pounding concert experience through JBL audio for their ride; while the next passenger - in the same vehicle - can choose a completely different experience, such as watching a movie or enjoying a more intimate music performance with the refined sound of Harman Kardon to enhance their trip.
Key features for configurable entertainment include:
- Proprietary shape-shifting speakers: In-vehicle speakers transform in real time to provide different experiences in line with user preferences. For example, a sound bar or tweeter can dynamically morph from one audio brand experience to another, both sonically and visually.
- Unique industrial design: Brand-specific visual elements such as logos and speaker grilles can change in real time to match user preferences.
- Adaptive Audio EQ’s: Sound tuning will adjust on-demand to deliver the iconic listening experience associated with the user’s preferred audio brand.
Configurable entertainment leverages HARMAN's automotive cloud platform, HARMAN Ignite for seamless connectivity and device management, allowing passengers to personalise in-vehicle entertainment experiences in real time.
Preferred personal settings can be catalogued, saved on compatible devices and seamlessly deployed for any ride. For automakers, it is an example of how HARMAN provides a complete, end-to-end solution for implementing advanced connected in-vehicle applications and features.
Key features of moodscape include:
- Music motivator: Whether heading to a meeting, to a party or to the gym, Music Motivator synchronises with calendars, identifies GPS routes and analyses available biometric feedback to build and deliver an audio experience based on passengers’ whereabouts, schedule and energy level - so that wherever they are headed, they arrive focused and ready.
- Personalised audio alerts: Created with safety in mind, personalised Audio Alerts heightens attention to navigation, traffic and weather incidents through directional audio, allowing drivers to keep their eyes on the road and respond more quickly to prompts.
- HARMAN QLED MoodRoof: The passenger’s choice of environmental sounds fills the cabin, complemented by a visual experience through HARMAN’s QLED MoodRoof. Tailor-made for autonomous vehicles, MoodRoof replaces the traditional moon roof with a choice of immersive visual landscapes brought to life by this automotive QLED application.