Ruggedised performance in timing solutions for aerospace and defence
SiTime Corporation has unveiled its Endura MEMS timing solutions for aerospace and defence applications such as field and satellite communications, precision GNSS, avionics, and space. The Endura products are engineered to offer unmatched performance in harsh conditions, such as severe shock, vibration, and extreme temperature, that are routinely experienced in these applications.
The devices also offer maximum choice to customers with five million possible part numbers that can be created from 17 programmable products.
Piyush Sevalia, Executive Vice President of Marketing, said: “When exposed to high levels of shock, vibration and extreme temperatures, legacy timing components have been prone to failure, degrading system performance and reliability.
“To solve these problems, SiTime created an oscillator system of silicon MEMS, analog circuits, compensation algorithms and advanced packaging, which is designed to outperform any other available timing solution in harsh environments.
“For example, Endura precision TCXOs deliver four parts per trillion per g (ppt/g) of acceleration sensitivity, which is 50 times better than legacy quartz-based solutions. With such performance, we believe that Endura will transform the oscillator landscape in aerospace and defence.”
About the Endura timing solutions
SiTime’s broad portfolio of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) Endura products spans six oscillator types and 17 products. All devices offer programmable options such as frequency, operating voltage, and stability.
In addition, some devices offer specialised programmable features such as spread spectrum, pull-range, and differential output type. Endura products are available with up to two grades of acceleration sensitivity, as low as 4 ppt/g (typical). This breadth of products provides customers with a large selection and the ability to configure each device for their application requirements.
Endura products are also designed for continuity of supply for long-life programs.
Endura Super-TCXOs for use in high-speed communications:
- SiT5146/SiT5147 – One to 220MHz, ±0.5 to ±2.5ppm, -40 to +105°C.
- SiT5346/SiT5347 – One to 220MHz, precision ±0.1 to ±0.25ppm, -40°C to +105°C.
- SiT5348/SiT5349 – One to 220MHz, ultra-precision ±0.05ppm.
Endura single-ended oscillators for use in ruggedised applications:
- SiT8944/SiT8945 – One to 137MHz, -55 to +125°C.
- SiT2044/SiT2045 – One to 137MHz, -55 to +125°C, in SOT-23 package for easier manufacturing and solder-joint inspection.
Endura spread spectrum oscillators to reduce EMI:
- SiT9045 – One to 150MHz, spread spectrum, -55 to +125°C.
Endura differential oscillators for high-speed serial communications:
- SiT9346/SiT9347 – One to 725MHz, ultra-low jitter.
Endura VCXOs for clock synchronisation:
- SiT3342/SiT3343 – One to 725MHz, ultra-low jitter, ±15 to ±50ppm.
Endura DCXOs for noiseless clock synchronisation:
- SiT3541/SiT3542 – One to 725MHz, ultra-low jitter, ±20 to ±50ppm, I2C programmable.