New connector features simplify modifications
For the first time ever, users can now make customised adjustments to the housings of series-produced industrial interfaces by using the Han Configurator, the HARTING online tool for designing connectors. Cable entries can be modified and identifying letterings can be applied to hoods and housings.
Users can use the Han Configurator’s new feature to design the position and number of cable entries in line with their own requirements. Even lettering applied to the housing surface can be customised. The Configurator ensures that the interface design meets the respective technical requirements and that the components used are compatible with each other.
As soon as the configuration is completed, a digital record of the solution is ready for download and CAD data and dimensional drawings for the individual part are directly accessible. The online tool helps accelerate design both for the user and for HARTING, meaning new connectors can be manufactured and delivered faster.
“The customising feature in the Han Configurator means we’re once again expanding the scope for tailor-made products based on the Han portfolio. Users can use the tool to customise connector components, which allows them to find the optimal connector solution. The tool reduces the effort required to adapt to specific requirements and shortens the path from the drawing board to production,” said Timo Poggemöller, Team Leader Digital Product Service at HARTING Electric.
- Optimal solutions in combination with Han-Modular;
- Short delivery times for interfaces thanks to fully automated production of the individual connector configuration;
- Efficient collaboration via the myHARTING Dashboard with save/sharing capabilities;
- High flexibility in the design process is now expanded to include individual placement of cable exits and laser labelling done directly in the Configurator, meaning no more annoying adhesive labels to stick on;
- Direct 3D download option for the interface’s data package.