Board-to-board stacking connectors upgrade COM express
TE Connectivity has introduced a new generation of free height computer-on-module (COM) connectors in 0.5mm centerline to address vertical, parallel board-to-board connections that require high-speed data transmission and different stacking heights.
These new connectors are compliant with the COM Express Type 7 specification and can be compatible with the PCIe Gen 4 protocol.
Designed for higher speed and optimal system performance
- Can support up to 16 giga transmission per second (GT/s), doubling the performance of most previous COM connector generations.
- Improved signal integrity supported by low insertion loss, return loss, PSNEXT and PSFEXT, whether using both new receptacles and plugs or mating new receptacles with older plugs.
Connect next-generation CPUs to carrier boards in a flexible, economic way
- Support system design flexibility with configuration options in stacking height (5mm, 8mm) and pin positions (220, 440).
- Can be an economic upgrade solution by keeping the same footprint as other COM standard interconnects. There is commonly no need for customers to change printed circuit board (PCB) footprints when upgrading applications.
- Improved mechanical design can reduce mating and unmating force by about 30% compared to previous generations, allowing for easier operation.
“When speed and performance are of the utmost importance, our new 0.5mm free height stacking COM connectors can be counted on to connect CPUs to carrier boards in a broad range of applications, including health care devices, industrial machinery, test & measurement and telecommunication equipment.” said Sam Chen, Product Manager at TE Connectivity’s Data and Devices business unit. “We’re proud to provide our customers with a flexible and economic option to help enable them to reach the demanding data speeds required in today’s markets.”