Avnet’s latest MSC C10M-ALN module features the Intel Atom processor x7000E series
Avnet has unveiled the MSC C10M-ALN module, a COM Express Type 10 module integrating the Intel Atom processor x7000E Series, including the Intel Core i3 processor and Intel Processor N Series (codenamed Alderlake N).
This CPU architecture shares the efficient core design and Intel UHD graphics powered by Xe architecture with the 12th Gen Intel Core processors, facilitating application migration across various Intel CPU performance and power spectrums.
The module, supporting up to eight processor cores, caters to a diverse range of applications like point-of-sale terminals, digital signage controllers, human-machine interface (HMI) solutions, and medical equipment. Leveraging the COM Express standard, it allows for performance scaling and seamless application transition to future technological advancements.
Thomas Staudinger, Global Vice President of Embedded Solutions at Avnet, highlighted the module's appeal: “Design engineers looking for fast time to market with the latest technology and highest performance on the COM Express Type 10 mini form factor will appreciate this SOM. In addition, system investments are well protected through long-term availability of the module, which is designed and manufactured by Avnet Embedded.”
Key features of the MSC C10M-ALN include dual independent display support with up to 4K resolution, high-speed LPDDR5 memory up to 16GB with optional IBECC, eMMC 5.1, USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gb/s), and PCIe Gen 3 on an energy-efficient and cost-effective computer module. It supports various SOCs with dual-, quad-, and eight-core processors. Additionally, the module offers a comprehensive range of interfaces and features, such as Gigabit Ethernet based on Intel i226, supporting up to 2.5GbE bandwidth.
Preliminary product specifications include:
- Suitability for automation, instrumentation, and ticketing applications
- Built on the next-generation Intel Atom processor x7000E
- Capacity for up to 8 CPU cores
- Display options of 1x DisplayPort or 1xHDMI
- Built-in real-time capability, TCC (time coordinated computing) & TSN (time-sensitive network)
- Trusted computing platform for machine and data protection
- Up to 16 GB LPDDR5-4800 memory with in-band ECC
- On-board eMMC option, expandable up to 256GB
- Applicability in embedded and PC/Client environments, with commercial temperature range
- Mini board form factor
- Up to 15 years of product availability
Initial samples will be available in the first quarter of 2024, with samples compatible with the successor Atom Generation Amston Lake, offering full industrial grade features, temperature range, and use conditions, expected in the second quarter of 2024.