Vishay brings the DNA of tech to electronica
Vishay Intertechnology has announced that at electronica 2022, they will be demonstrating how its portfolio of reliable and energy-efficient electronic components – known as the DNA of tech – is enabling the creation of next-gen products across a variety of sectors.
Visitors to the booth will experience a wide range of the company's solutions in a series of demonstrations – from intelligent battery shunts to on-board chargers, energy harvesting, a direct inverter, inductive solutions for GaN DC/DC converters, a collaborative robot (cobot), and much more.
Silicon carbide (SiC) technology that comes to Vishay through its recent acquisition of MaxPower Semiconductor plays a key role in enabling a demonstration of a power stage for a heat pump using a complete Vishay solution.
At electronica 2022, demonstrations in Vishay's booth will showcase the company's breadth of components – diodes, MOSFETs, power ICs, optoelectronics, resistors, inductors, and capacitors – performing at their very best and working together to enable innovation in electric mobility, industrial IoT, sustainability, smart energy, sensors, and connectivity applications.
Highlights will include demos that address automotive and industrial applications, including:
- An 800 V SiC MOSFET heat pump demo with a 100% Vishay BOM; the 110 x 110mm PCB leaves room for a controller IC and supplementary logic parts
- A high voltage intelligent battery shunt for 400 and 800V batteries
- A unidirectional, 11kW three-phase AC on-board charger (OBC) with a BOM consisting of 90% Vishay parts
- A six-phase DC/DC converter for mild hybrid vehicles with 48V boardnets that provides power to 12V loads up to 3kW with high efficiency to 97%
- A semiconductor-based, resettable eFuse for electric vehicles with 800V batteries
- A half-bridge design featuring Vishay MOSFETs with industry-low on-resistance, stabilising aluminium capacitors, thin film resistors for voltage measurement, and a battery shunt. The design will feature chained lithium-ion batteries for the creation of any waveform, e.g., direct 230VAC or a soft-start AC or DC
- A V-harvester board featuring an e-peas controller and Vishay photodiodes and hybrid energy storage capacitors. The demonstration will show that the photodiodes can power a BTLE transmitter to send data to an Android device
- A collaborative robot that serves visitors a tablet displaying an interactive 3D model of its own design, enabling a virtual tour of the board components
- A human machine interface display featuring optical sensor interfaces and functions for display wake-up, force sensing and position sensing, touchless switches, and display brightness and colour sensing
In addition, Vishay will be offering a variety of product-focused demonstrations highlighting microBUCK and microBRICK switching regulators; IHLE series high current inductors; AEC-Q200 qualified CDMA and CDMM thick film dividers; and the THJP ThermaWick Thermal Jumper.