Farnell adds AI muscle with Jetson Orin range
Farnell is stocking the NVIDIA Jetson Orin range of modules that provide users with high-performance AI inference capabilities that reduce new product development times.
This range of modules enables next-generation products to benefit from the world’s most powerful AI computers for energy-efficient autonomous machines. The modules offer users up to 275 trillion operations per second (TOPS) and 8X the performance of the last generation for multiple concurrent AI inference pipelines, plus high-speed interface support for multiple sensors.
Seven different modules are available based on the same architecture, from the entry-level Jetson Orin Nano to the highest performance Jetson AGX Orin.
The modules deliver accelerated computing capabilities at performance and price levels to suit a variety of autonomous applications.
Farnell offers both the modules and the developer kits:
- Jetson Orin Nano Sensor modules deliver up to 40 TOPS of AI performance in the smallest Jetson form-factor, with power options between 7W and 15W. This gives up to 80X the performance of the NVIDIA Jetson Nano. Jetson Orin Nano is available in 8GB and 4GB versions.
- Jetson Orin NX Seriesis the most advanced AI computer for smaller, lower-power autonomous machines, delivering up to 100 TOPS of AI performance in the smallest Jetson form-factor, with power configurable between 10W and 25W. This makes it ideal for small form-factor, low-power products such as drones and handheld devices.
- Jetson AGX Orin Series modules are the most powerful AI computer for energy-efficient autonomous machines and can deliver up to 275 TOPS of AI performance with power configurable between 15W and 60W. These system-on-modules support multiple concurrent AI application pipelines with an NVIDIA Ampere architecture GPU, next-generation deep learning and vision accelerators, high-speed IO, and fast memory bandwidth. It can be used to solve problems such as natural language understanding, 3D perception, and multi-sensor fusion.
There are two developer kits that enable engineers to start developing and prototyping their next product.
- The compact Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit offers maximum performance and can also emulate any of the modules to enable development of AI-powered products.
- The Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit is smaller and includes a reference carrier board compatible with all Orin NX and Orin Nano modules and sets a new standard for creating entry level AI-powered robots, smart drones, and intelligent cameras.
These modules are the ideal family for developing a new age of robotics and are available from Farnell in EMEA, Newark in North America and element14 in APAC.