Belden to exhibit at Hanover Fair 2016
Belden is to highlight a number of solutions for challenging applications at the Hanover Fair 2016. Visitors to the Belden booth will also be able to learn more about the company’s latest innovative products from its Belden, Hirschmann, Lumberg Automation, GarrettCom, Tofino Security and Tripwire branded ranges.
• Hirschmann Octopus 8TX-EEC unmanaged Ethernet switch The OCTOPUS 8TX-EEC 8-port switch is the latest addition to the OCTOPUS family from Hirschmann. It is designed to offer customers a simple, cost-effective device that can still provide reliable, continuous data transmission under extreme conditions. The switch joins a family of products that has allowed fail-safe networks to be installed in a variety of different application scenarios for more than 15 years. It is an ideal solution for applications where space is at a premium. The OCTOPUS 8TX-EEC meets application-specific standards and certifications for use in the transportation industry, specifically for use onboard road vehicles, metros and trains.
• Hirschmann Spider III Premium Line Switches Belden introduces the next gen of unmanaged switches from Hirschmann: the SPIDER III Premium Line meets the growing need for Ethernet switches in the field level with a higher port count and data rates. The SPIDER III is designed to offer cost-effective, unmanaged switches with a robust set of customizable features to meet individual network needs across a variety of industries.
• Greyhound 1040 Ruggedised Full-Gigabit-ETHERNET switch Thanks to a range of media modules, the managed industrial Ethernet switches in the new GREYHOUND family offer maximum flexibility as well as future-proof network design and best-possible investment protection. Available in a wide range of options, the ruggedised GREYHOUND switches have been specially designed to support the increasing bandwidth and Power over Ethernet needs of the transportation and physical security markets. The switch software comes with many special features such as security, diagnostic and redundancy.
• Marine Tuff offshore cables Fully certified for offshore cable applications, the MarineTuff family includes rugged jacketing and armoring options to meet ABS and DNV-GL international marine certifications for harsh Oil & Gas environments. The MarineTuff range includes cables for Industrial Ethernet, fiber optics, control, instrumentation, Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), databus, electronic and audio, all engineered and certified for marine and offshore applications.
• Belden Sensor/Actuator Cables Addressing the trend of ongoing miniaturisation, Belden’s latest sensor/actuator cables is a range of analog signal cables for connecting automation systems end points (e.g. sensors) to the next layer (e.g. I/O devices). The high-quality sensor cables are designed for demanding applications. Thanks to their outstanding performance they offer efficient installations, high availability of devices, and the highest-level reliability. They are suitable for industrial application in tough conditions and for demanding applications like robotic or drag chain applications.
• MIPP Pre-terminated MPO Cassette As network connectivity needs expand moving fast towards a quick and simple deployment, the new MIPP Pre-Terminated MPO Cassette supports the next level of network availability required for industrial applications. The 100% factory terminated and tested MIPP MPO Cassette provides an uncompromisingly flexible, plug & play solution, with no need to splice, cleave or polish when installing. The MIPP MPO cassette ensures an efficient, fast and reliable one-person installation and allows for a quick network reconfiguration in the event of moves, adds and changes.
• LioN-Power Belden introduces a range of fully potted and compact IP67 active I/O modules for every type of field application. UL 61010 approved, this innovative new range incorporates the latest technologies for easy installation and to reduce downtime. Key benefits include compact form-factor for maximum flexibility and convenience, reduced wiring complexity and cost for field installation as well as multi-protocol and standardised connectivity for world-wide implementation and reduced inventory costs.
• M12 Power connector Belden’s latest industrial power connector for Automation, Drives and Building automation applications is perfectly suited for applications with limited space, yet capable at highest power transfer rates while ensuring functional and operational reliability under all kinds of industrial conditions with globally accepted standards (UL,VDE, IEC, etc.).
• M8 5 pole cordsets B-coded, molded cordsets with SNAP connections enable installations especially in applications where limited space and weight is a permanent issue such as on robots and applications with moving parts. They combine industry proven M8 connection with high performance and fast installation capability. The SNAP connection delivers a quick attachment solution. By combining the SNAP connection with a metal thread, these connectors are a suitable addition to small electronic drives and sensors.
Belden cable solutions Industrial networks use an extensive selection of protocols with EthernetNet/IP, PROFINET, Profibus and Modbus being dominant, but many more proprietary ones also in use. Each protocol and application has its own cable design considerations, which can make it complex when it comes to selecting the right cable. As the Industrial Data Cable Specialist with over 100 years of cable design and manufacturing expertise, Belden offers a wide range of designs for even the most special applications.
During the Hanover Fair, Belden will also demonstrate the latest developments in SmartFactory technology. Working with its partner for industrial connectivity, Weidmüller, the two companies have already developed a modular infrastructure box for the connection of production modules. This standardised interface was originally presented in a pilot production line for the SmartFactory technology initiative at last year's Hanover trade fair, represents an essential prerequisite for the cross-location collection of production information in the IoT, according to the Industry 4.0 requirement profile. It facilitates fast data communication, used to transmit control commands and status information as well as other types of data, and a reliable power supply for efficient production processes with the smallest of batch sizes – all without necessitating additional work or increased throughput times.
Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) TSN is the real-time Ethernet technology of the future, ideally suited to modern high-performance adaptable automation networks. Be sure to visit the Belden booth to learn about the company’s latest advances in TSN technology.