ByteSnap Design celebrates its 15-year anniversary
Multi-award-winning embedded electronics design and software development consultancy, ByteSnap Design, has this week celebrated its 15-year milestone.
Since 2008, ByteSnap engineers have supported large corporate enterprises through to start-ups with trusted, innovative, and reliable electronics consultancy for a wide array of projects.
“The electronics industry has changed dramatically since our foundation, with new technologies, approaches and ideas driving innovation. Since our work on an early smart plug in 2008, controlling energy consumption and green initiatives have been crucial to our growth, leading to the creation of dedicated EV charging business, Versinetic, in 2020,” commented Dunstan Power, Co-Founder and Director at the firm.
“IoT has also seen a huge increase in adoption, and this accelerated during the pandemic. We have also witnessed a move from Windows Embedded to Linux and chips providing more functionality and features, while getting smaller and faster,” added Co-Founder and Director Graeme Wintle.
“It’s been an exciting 15 years and our team – which we’ve grown from 2 to nearly 40 – customer base, partners and revenue have all grown, so much so that the last two years have been record-breaking for us,”
With a solid UK and international client base spanning five continents, demand for ByteSnap and Versinetic’s services has resulted in increased export activity – with presence at events in the Nordic region, EMEA and Australia.
Stand out projects over the past 15 years include:
- ELEKTRA IoT Product of the Year Award winner – a Remote Data Collector for the oil and gas industry
- Embedded software and graphic user interface development for teleprompters, for global broadcast technology provider
- Complex personal AI robot featuring 900 RGB LEDs which sensed the user’s mood
- PCB design for an award-winning smart security system, meeting demanding video, Wi-Fi, audio performance and thermal management targets
- 360-degree stitching camera for the entertainment industry
- Feasibility study, project management, electronic board design, app development to deliver digital and multimedia content for heritage and cultural sites.
ByteSnap and Versinetic have won a total of 13 industry awards, been shortlisted for many more. They were part of the pioneering Vehicle-to-Grid VIGIL project, delivering the UK’s first end-to-end fully integrated V2G system. VIGIL won the 2020 EVIE Innovation in V2G Award.
The future looks exciting for the UK consultancy. ByteSnap and Versinetic are continuously on the lookout for engineers, with opportunities for early responsibility and a drive to create a more sustainable future.