LTE-Advanced router operates in extended temperature range
Digi International has introduced the Digi TransPort LR54, the company’s fastest, low cost LTE-Advanced router for managed network services, digital content delivery, self-service kiosks and managed retail networking.
The Digi TransPort LR54 is a high performance LTE-Advanced networking platform that provides fast, affordable and reliable WiFi and high-speed cellular LTE in a form factor capable of performing in extended operating temperature ranges.
Featuring a software-defined LTE radio, the Digi TransPort LR54 supports carriers across North America and most European countries and is pre-certified for both the Verizon and AT&T networks.
Digi TransPort LR54 is designed from the ground up to provide high-performance processing and memory horsepower to take full advantage of the LTE-A/Cat 6 cellular technology which offers faster speeds, increased capacity and additional bands. In delivering a high-speed, reasonably priced LTE device with low Total-Cost-of-Ownership (TCO), the LR54 is suited for professional network engineers seeking solutions for environments that require uncommon speed and connection integrity.
“As an industry leading solution, the Digi TransPort LR54 was custom designed to take full advantage of LTE-A protocols and networks,” said Joel Young, Chief Technology Officer, Digi International. “There is no other offering in the market that offers this level of speed and security, at this value, that can be deployed this widely.”
- Maximum speed: The LR54 was designed for high-speed, low-latency Cat 6 LTE-Advanced speeds (300Mbps), twice the typical speed of current LTE
- Powerful and reliable WiFi: Features the latest in WiFi performance with dual 2.4 and 5GHz radios, with 802.11ac, limiting the need for intermediate WiFi bridges
- Global LTE network support: Offers software selectable 3G/4G LTE to choose the best network or carrier option
- Continued connectivity: Features the patented SureLink connection persistency software that proactively monitors and self-repairs network connections
- Enterprise security: Offers PCI-certified Digi Remote Manager, IPsec VPN firewall, and 256-bit AES encryption as well as the Digi TrustFence Device Security Framework, offering the critical features that protect connected devices and applications now and in the future. Sturdy hardware: The LR54 is temperature hardened to operate between -20 and 70°C
- Remote device management: With Digi Remote Manager, administrators have a tool for centralised device configuration and a dashboard for troubleshooting remote devices to analyse network performance and connectivity points