Wolter koops with 300 thermo king advancer units
Impressive fuel savings and minimised maintenance convinced the European temperature-controlled transport and logistics provider to enhance its fleet with 300 Thermo King Advancer A-400 units.
–Thermo King, a transport temperature control solutions and a brand of Trane Technologies, announced today that Wolter Koops, European service provider in temperature-controlled transport and logistics upgraded its fleet with 300 new Advancer A-400 units. Wolter Koops chose Thermo King Advancer units primarily for their market leading performance and fuel efficiency combined with minimised maintenance needs.
Headquartered in the Netherlands since 1961 and with offices in Germany and Poland, with a large fleet of conditioned trailers, Wolter Koops provides integrated fresh and frozen cold chain logistic services encompassing transport, distribution, crossdocking and warehousing. The new Advancer fleet will help ensure that the food, dairy, flowers, plants, meat, fruit and vegetables moved by Wolter Koops across Europe will remain safe and in prime condition throughout the journey.
“Reliability of equipment is of the utmost importance for transport of time-critical products. We constantly invest in our fleet, equipping our vehicles with the latest technology that can increase the safety, fuel efficiency and performance of our vehicles,” said Wolter Koops Jr., owner of the company. ”We have worked with Thermo King since we started in the temperature control transport and we have been impressed with the innovation they brought in with Advancer. The unit’s advantages in fuel economy, performance and intelligence will help us do our job better and more efficiently. As we have our own team of maintenance specialists to ensure our fleet is in top condition, Advancer’s increased serviceability and longer maintenance intervals have also been a great proposition for our business.”
“With Advancer, every component and design decision has been taken from a customer’s perspective – to deliver technology that’s purpose-built to drive our customers’ future success,” said Alain van Schaik, key strategic account manager at Thermo King EMEA. “We believe that with Advancer, transporters receive a level of performance that redefines what’s possible in cold chain logistics. The positive feedback from our customers like Wolter Koops ensures us that the technology meets our aspirations and we’re setting a new standard for performance, cost savings, uptime, and lowered emissions.”
“Innovation and sustainability make an essential part of our company’s policy and we’re continuously look for opportunities to minimise our impact on the environment,” said Wolter Koops Jr. “This is also a reason why we have welcomed the Advancer units. Its performance in terms of emissions, fuel efficiency, and exceeding regulatory expectations will contribute to lower the CO2 footprint of our day to day operations.”
Thermo King Advancer A-Series units include unique features that comprehensively address a wide range of operational and financial challenges, including:
- Up to 40% quicker pull down and up to 30% better fuel-efficiency than the market average
- Fully variable airflow that can be regulated for each journey and cargo, and is independent from unit engine speed
- Unrivalled electrical and fuel efficiency contributing to lower CO2 footprint and engines with 50 percent less emissions than the maximum allowed by latest NRMM Stage V emission standards
- Electronic engine speed control on the A-400 and A-500 units, which makes them the first units on the market to give complete transparency of fuel levels and fuel consumption. The fuel consumption data will be recorded, displayed, and made available remotely via telematics
- Lower maintenance costs and enhanced serviceability compared to the predecessor, thanks to sensors offering more insight into the engine, fuel, battery and the performance of other key components
- Fleet intelligence as standard, with Advancer being the first-ever unit to offer 2 years of full telematics connectivity in the purchase price.