new 3A DVPL DC-DC POL converter can be used alone or in conjunction with the DVHE 50W DC-DC converter as part of VPT’s High Efficiency, Reliability Optimized (HERO) Power System. The DVPL 3A POL converter is a non-isolated, synchronous, buck regulated converter that steps down the voltage at the point of end use. Its tiny size and light weight save board space, weight, and expense, making it an improved solution over the use of multiple isolated DC-DC converters to power individual loads in an electronics system.
“Today’s commercial avionics, military and space electronics demand higher performance while decreasing size, weight and cost. The power supply is a key factor in a system’s size, weight, and thermal design. That’s why we recommend our HERO distributed architecture, which consists of a single isolated DC-DC converter used in conjunction with smaller, lighter, more efficient point of load converters including our new 3A POL,” explained Michael J. Bosmann, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales. “This new POL joins our family of POLs for a breadth of flexible design options, resulting in a smart, small, efficient power system.”
About the DVPL0503S
The DVPL0503S is designed and built to military-grade reliability as defined in MIL-PRF-38534.With the addition of the new 3A DVPL POL converter to VPT’s current offerings of 5A and 10A POL converters, engineers now have a wide variety of POL converters to choose from, ensuring complete flexibility in designing a power system.
Specific features include:
• 3A (10W) power output
• Adjustable output voltage from 0.8V to 3.4V
• Operates from 5V nominal input
• Up to 92% efficiency
• Tiny size - 0.700 x 0.700” x 0.270 and light weight (8g max)
• Full military and avionics operating temperature range of -55 °C to +125 °C
• Fault tolerant design with patented technology - no optoisolators
• Output inhibit control
• Very low output noise
• Over current and short circuit protection
• Meets MIL-STD-461C and MIL-STD-461D EMC requirements when used with VPT DC-DC converters and EMI filters
• Manufactured in a facility qualified to ISO-9001 and certified to MIL-PRF-38534 and MIL-STD-883
Military-grade environmental screening to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H is available. The DVPL0503S is immediately available and pricing begins at $138.51 per unit in OEM quantities. A complete datasheet and technical video are now available at www.vpt-inc.com, with an application note on the DVPL and HERO Power System also available after December 1.