Vitrek test equipment driven by the CHIPS and Science Act
Vitrek is actively engaged in supporting the expansion of the US-based semiconductor manufacturing industry driven by the CHIPS and Science Act enacted into law in 2022.
Vitrek and its subsidiary brands, MTI Instruments and GaGe, combine to offer products vital to the semiconductor industry:
Semiconductor wafer metrology
- MTI Instruments metrology systems test wafers during quality control stages to check thickness and flatness for compliance with minimal bow, warp, and total thickness variation (TTV) requirements.
- GaGe digitisers are employed during ultrasonic, non-destructive inspection of wafers for potential flaws or manufacturing defects.
Semiconductor test and characterisation
- GaGe digitisers, FPGA signal processors, and software are utilised in high-speed PASS/FAIL testing systems.
- MTI’s precision signal simulators are used for calibrating data acquisition systems and providing precision electrical signals for device testing.
- Vitrek power analysers and DC loads are used in the operational testing and characterisation of packaged semiconductor devices.
Semiconductor fabrication capital equipment
- MTI capacitance sensors are applied to ensure high-precision stage parallelism during the wire bonding process.
- GaGe digitisers are used in real-time process control with high-speed digitiser data, allowing for rapid real-time characterisation of fabrication processes and short data latency to enable fast device control loops.
- Vitrek power analysers and DC loads are employed during design and production testing for a wide range of fabrication gear.
“Vitrek offers a unique selection of test and measurement instruments supporting the accelerated growth of the US semiconductor industry driven by the CHIPS Act,” said Don Millstein, Vitrek’s President and CEO. “In addition to our support of the semiconductor industry, we proudly design, test, and manufacture all our products in the United States.”