Tektronix to showcase solutions for testing power electronics at PCIM 2023
Tektronix announced that it will be showcasing a wide-range of test & measurement products and software solutions for power electronics, applicable from component design to system production, at PCIM 2023.
Tektronix experts will also be on stand to discuss the latest power test solutions from Tektronix, designed to solve individual test and measurement challenges for accurate, automated power semiconductor characterisation and electrified automotive power conversion measurements.
Tektronix’ stand will feature dedicated power workstations focused on:
- Dynamic Switching Power Conversion Signals Analysis
- Wideband Gap Double Pulse Tests Measurement Solutions
- Characterisation of Power Semiconductor Devices with Parameter Curve Tracers
- General Power Design Solutions for Bench Automation, including Battery Modeling and Characterisation
Several experts and technical leaders will attend the exhibition, including product designers, in the effort to meet design & validation engineers and directly collect their needs and challenges.
Further highlights on the Tektronix stand this year will include:
- SiC MOSFET and GaN FET Switching Power Converter Analysis Kit fast power semiconductor switching technology, such as SiC or GaN, that make up some of today’s power electronics topologies, are extremely difficult to optimise. The SiC MOSFET and GaN FET Switching Power Converter Analysis Kit includes patented probe technology to accurately characterise all the critical parameters for optimising power electronics topologies that use SiC and GaN.
- Wide Bandgap Double Pulse Test Software The Wide Bandgap Double Pulse Test application (Opt. WBG-DPT) on the 4/5/5B/6B Series MSO offers precise Wide Bandgap measurements that make device and system validation easier. The application is compatible with all Tektronix VPI probes and, when used with the Tektronix IsoVu probes it helps uncover all the hidden artifacts of SiC or GaN devices at the circuit level. The application offers automated measurements as per JEDEC and IEC standards. It offers features such as per-cycle analysis with annotation, flexibility with custom reference level settings, configurable integration points, and power preset that can be set based on the DUT designs.
- In-Motor Drive Analysis Software Inverter, Motor and Drive Analysis software on the 5 Series B MSO simplifies triggering on PWM outputs and making 3-phase measurements. Phasor diagrams help you visualise and debug 3-phase electrical problems. The IMDA application also supports a DQ0 measurement, that provides valuable insight into vector control systems. It mathematically computes D and Q from the inverter’s output and displays these control parameters in real-time.
Tektronix will also deliver three live dedicated speeches at the Industrial and E-Mobility Forums, as well as on the Tektronix booth:
- May 9th, hall 7, booth 7-480, 12:30pm
Title: Testing Power Semiconductor Components
- May 10th, hall 6, booth 6-220, 4:05pm, E-Mobility & Energy Storage Stage
Title: Test & Measurement evolution in a large-scale EV adoption scenario
- May 10th, hall 7, Tektronix booth 7-216, 2:30-2:45pm, live product presentation
Title: Double Pulse Testing Solution for Wide Bandgap Based Fast Switching Power Design