Simco Ltd Uses Mentor Graphics Inflexion UI to Develop Next-Generation Vehicle Instrument Cluster Human Machine Interface
Mentor Graphics Corporation today announced that Simco Ltd is using the Mentor Embedded Inflexion HMI product to develop its next-generation, screen-based vehicle instrument cluster human machine interface (HMI). Simco will show the proof of concept HMI at the Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum (IESF) in Detroit, June 14, 2012.
“Mentor’s Inflexion product provides a straightforward HMI design environment to develop some of the most sophisticated instrument clusters that can also be easily reconfigured by drivers to meet their vehicle operation needs,” said Craig Ayres, CEO of Simco, Ltd. “With the combination of our electronic micro movements and Inflexion’s full color displays, our design team and our customers can bring any style and configuration into the next vehicle instrumentation program.”
With the Inflexion product, Simco is easing its development workflow and costs by being able to create a more sophisticated cluster HMI that replaces mechanical gauges with intelligent screen-based displays. Simco can now render a true “analog-style gauge” on color digital LCDs that can easily be reconfigured to meet drivers’ individual needs and preferences.
“We are happy to see Simco’s success with our Inflexion product,” said Glenn Perry, general manager, Embedded Software Division of Mentor Graphics. “We will continue to support them in their efforts to provide the most advanced instrument clusters tailored to the needs of their wide variety of transportation business customers.”
Hundreds of embedded system developers across the world use the Mentor Embedded Inflexion UI product. Features and benefits include:
• graphically rich, dynamic 2D and 3D HMIs
• reduced development complexity and cost
• clean separation between HMI presentation and functionality, simplifying the interface between automotive original equipment manufacturers and suppliers
• uses any available OpenGL ES hardware graphics acceleration
• available on GENIVI, Linux®, Android, Nucleus® operating system, and other operating platforms
• available integrated with the Mentor Embedded IVI Base Platform, which integrates graphics, communication and multimedia middleware with libraries, system infrastructure, and management components on top of Linux and relevant drivers.