Saelig’s improved isolated high-voltage oscilloscope
Saelig has announced the Cleverscope CS548 Oscilloscope, a 2kV DC isolated channel oscilloscope designed to be used wherever isolation and high CMRR are needed.
It improves on the previous, successful CS448 for power electronics and high side test measurements. The CS548 is an individually isolated channel high CMRR oscilloscope with four channels that has been designed for measurements in situations such as an operating full or three-phase power electronic switching bridge on both the low and high sides.
The CS548 takes 14-bit measurements with isolated channel 2kV DC Class III capture, and 100dB CMRR at 50MHz. The instrument offers frequency response analysis using an internal isolated signal generator, component LCR measurement, multiple-hour streaming to disk at >2MSa/s, high resolution spectrum displays, sophisticated math, with Matlab and Excel live compatibility and added mixed signal features. The optional remote isolated digitiser CS1200 IsoPod connects to the CS548 by fibre link at up to 30yds for use in high voltage enclosures to provide 30kV isolation.
- 14-bit resolution with noise free measurements of 1 part in 1300.
- Four isolated input channels for signals with a common mode voltage change of 100V/ns at up to 2kV.
- 64-bit Windows software and DLL driver to control between 1 and 4 oscilloscopes simultaneously.
- Four remote channel sockets for use with the CS1200 remote fibre-linked IsoPod.
- An isolated signal generator, 0-65MHz, (also 100V/ns common mode) for Frequency Response Analysis (FRA).
- Two pod high speed interfaces for I/O expansion.
- Two CS1301 Isolated digital input pods for logic signals with high common mode voltages (1130V DC) having 4 digital inputs each for a total of 8 digital inputs.
The CS548 package includes:
- CS548 Oscilloscope.
- Two CS1301 Isolated digital input pods for measuring logic signals with high common mode voltages (1130V DC).
- CS1032 Isolated digital I/O pods for up to 4 outputs for double pulse, half/full bridge PWM control or arbitrary pulses.
- CS1133 Vsat probe pod for measuring mV saturation levels while switching up to 3kV for power loss measurement.
- CS1070 50 MHz power amplifier with 36Vpp 1A output for wide bandwidth higher power FRA.
These pods are in development:
- CS1303 Isolated Current Measurement pod with 4 isolated 16-bit analogue channels for measuring current shunts.
- CS1304 Isolated Voltage Measurement pod with 4 isolated 16-bit analogue channels. With CS1303 forms a real-time power analyser.
- CS1305 Log pod with 8 high resolution inputs for logging slow signals on the Signal Information Logging Screen.
The CS548 can be used to make measurements of all high side nodes, do EMC measurements, check out start up behaviour, calculate power loss and switching energy, and examine message contents. Use it for stability analysis and gain/phase on working power electronics modules, impedance measurement of power planes, inputs and outputs, and measurement of inductors and capacitors over frequency.
Application examples include gate drives to measure voltage and charge, the power switch to measure loss and parasitic stress, the output to measure power and spectrum for EMC compliance, and the control system for Gain/Phase and stability. It can be used to make measurements of all high side nodes, do EMC measurements, check out start up behaviour, calculate power loss and switching energy, and examine message contents.
Compact in size (11.8 x 7.5 x 2.8) and weight (5.9lb) the CS548 is made in New Zealand by Cleverscope, an innovative test equipment manufacturer, and is available now from Saelig Company.