Power analysis software enables insight into system behaviours
Teledyne LeCroy has launched its 3-Phase Power Analysis software package, which brings 1-phase and 3-phase static and dynamic power analysis to its HDO8000A, HDO6000A and WavePro HD 12-bit High Definition oscilloscopes. With the 3-Phase Power Analysis software package, R&D engineers can now use Teledyne LeCroy’s 12-bit-resolution oscilloscopes to better understand complex power conversion system and control behaviours and hasten power conversion system-design refinements.
The rapidly growing power-conversion market now extends into applications requiring complex dynamic power analysis during time periods as short as a single device-switching cycle.
Conventional power-analyser instruments cannot perform dynamic power analysis and are limited to long power-period (e.g. 5Hz to 500Hz) analysis.
The new software package now enables more thorough power-conversation system evaluations and provides deep insight into complex dynamic system behaviours in applications including DC-DC power supplies, hybrid/electric vehicles, solar PV and grid-tied inverters, welding equipment, uninterruptible power supplies and HVAC systems.
- Numeric measurement table to display mean value “static” power behaviours
- Per-cycle Waveforms of “dynamic” power enables the correlation of complex power conversion system behaviors to other control or power system waveforms to debug drive system problems
- Zoom+Gate mode for time-correlated, instantaneous understanding of dynamic power behaviors, and complete correlation to control system and other behaviors
- Harmonic order calculations with tabular and spectral displays and THD measurements (available in optional Harmonics software package)
- Support for two-wattmeter method to make accurate 3-phase power measurements using just two voltage and two current signals.