Oscilloscope accelerates mmWave applications
Described as a cost effective and flexible single channel instrument specifically designed to accelerate development of next generation mmWave communications, satellite communications, and radar applications, Keysight Technologies has launched the UXR0051AP Infiniium UXR-Series oscilloscope.
It is the latest edition to the company's UXR-Series of oscilloscopes.
The instrument offers a frequency range of 110GHz and 5GHz of standard analysis bandwidth, and provides fast, affordable and flexible analysis of wideband measurements.
With optional mmWave Wideband Analysis functionality, the oscilloscope delivers the signal integrity, versatility, affordability, and performance needed to bring signal, spectrum, and digital capabilities together, within a single instrument.
"Keysight's UXR is an awesome machine that can easily and accurately analyse millimeter-wave 1x1 and 2x2 MIMO 5G NR communication links. It has a very low error vector magnitude (0.2-0.9%) for 200 MHz-5 GHz bandwidth signals, even at -40dBm input power and at 67GHz," stated Dr. Gabriel M. Rebeiz, Distinguished Professor and Member of the National Academy at the University of California, San Diego. "We connect our 5G phased-arrays to the UXR without any external amplifiers or filters, run the 89600 VSA software, and start measuring. It has cut our measurement time from hours to just minutes. I cannot imagine how a state-of-the-art 5G lab can operate today without Keysight's UXR.
Key features and benefits include:
- Superior -158dBm/Hz displayed average noise level (DANL) from 28GHz to 85GHz which enables golden receiver quality error vector magnitude (EVM) measurements on low power wideband signals.
- Directly measures wideband signals with up to 10GHz bandwidth and fundamental frequencies as high as 110GHz, without the need for external downconverters, for high quality wideband analysis.
- Instant upgradability to two independently configurable phase coherent channels for easy multiple input multiple output (MIMO) measurement support.
- High-definition, 10-bit analogue-to-digital converter (ADC) with 16-bit Digital Down Conversion (DDC) I/Q data output to ensure high mmWave measurement accuracy.
- 256GSa/s real-time or 3,200MSa/s complex sample rates delivers the industry's widest 110 GHz frequency range and 2.16 GHz DDC analysis bandwidth.
- Flexible mmWave extension and DDC bandwidth license options enable performance and affordability for oscilloscope based mmWave wideband analysis.
"To satisfy the demand for faster speeds and increased bandwidth, mmWave technologies are evolving with techniques such as MIMO and phased array antennas," said Brad Doerr, vice president and general manager of digital and photonics R&D for Keysight's Communications Solutions Group. "Keysight recognized the need for a cost-effective one channel oscilloscope with dynamically configurable bandwidth to support today's single-channel mmWave wideband measurement requirements. The new oscilloscope can instantly expand to two phase coherent channels, enabling customers to easily support this emerging multi-channel evolution."