Holistic approach to Electrical & Electronic testing
SGS has launched a ‘Total Solution Service’ for the Electrical & Electronic (E&E) Industry. This new holistic approach has been developed in response to the increased pace of change, global connectivity and e-commerce. It aims to ensure E&E manufacturers and brands can access specialist support at every stage of a product’s life cycle from design to store shelf and end-of-life disposal.
Whether seeking enhanced product performance, improved product quality, reduced failure rates or a more positive customer experience, SGS’s Total Solution Services deliver customised plans to resolve multiple challenges. Customers will benefit from SGS’s global network of local teams offering expertise in the fields of Performance and Reliability, Regulation, Compliance and Safety.
Candy Lau, Regional Director, Connectivity & Products, SGS, said: “We’re excited to offer our Total Solution Services to the global E&E industry, to provide a one-stop approach to testing. Our comprehensive approach, embracing the full gamut of testing, inspection and certification services, will support manufacturers and boost brands while improving access to new and existing markets.
“The service supports the flow of safe, accessible, high-quality E&E products to ensure secure connectivity, reduced risk, and increased consumer trust. In the end it’s only trusted because it’s tested.”
SGS Total Solution Services enable manufacturers and brands to effectively respond to the increasing impact of:
- 24/7 product reviews and customer feedback.
- Increased consumer power to influence the purchasing decisions of others through the easy sharing of opinions and reviews.
- An emerging gap between customer expectations and manufacturers’ ability to meet them.
- A greater requirement for product verification and quality improvement to enhance brand sustainability.
The services particularly support those organisations whose E&E products need to:
- Stand out from the competition.
- Be compliant with local and international regulations.
- Integrate into the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Be tested against product claims.
- Use packaging, private label, star rating and customer reviews effectively.
- Be more efficient in R&D design validation, advance technology application, manufacturing monitoring and sourcing to retailing and e-commerce operations.
- Enhance sustainability and eco-design.