High density Ethernet test solutions for router testing
GL Communications has announced the release of its high density Ethernet test solutions using GL’s HD-PacketExpert. Jagdish Vadalia, Senior Manager for Product Development, GL Communications, said: “GL’s High Density GigE and 10 GigE Ethernet Test Unit - HD-PacketExpert offers high densities of 12 or 24GigE or 10GigE Ports for testing GigE and 10GigE switches, routers and networks."
He added: “This multi-device hardware unit incorporates all the features of a Single Wirespeed Quad Port 1 and 10 GigE PacketExpert units. It combines a Single Board Computer (SBC) with Windows OS, remote accessibility via Ethernet Remote Desktop, and user-friendly GUI or CLI for test automation. Each of the 12 or 24GigE or 10GigE Ports of the device supports auto‐negotiation and flow control."
Vadalia further explained: “The chassis of the unit comprises of both electrical and optical (fibre) interfaces. The electrical ports can operate up to 10/100/1000Mbps line rates in Full Duplex mode, while Optical Ports can operate up to 1GigE or 10GigE line rate in Full Duplex mode. User defined packet size, packet rate, QoS for MAC, VLAN, IP, MPLS makes it a versatile tool to test any Ethernet based networking equipment or end to end networks. The HD-PacketExpert can be easily deployed and securely fixed to an equipment rack, and provides extraordinary scalability to test switches, routers and networks end-to-end.”
- High density Ethernet ports with 12 or 24 ports. Stack multiple HD-PacketExpert devices to handle large number of ports
- Selective-port and smart loopback
- Wire-speed BERT, RFC 2544, multi stream traffic generator and analyser
- Layer 1, framed Ethernet (layer 2), stacked MPLS (layer 2.5), IP (layer 3), and UDP (layer 4)
- User selectable electrical and/or optical interface for half of the ports allows mixed technology testing
- Generate and capture Ethernet traffic on electrical (up to 10/100/1000Mbps) and optical (1 or 10Gbps) interfaces
- All interfaces can run simultaneously and independently
- Rack mountable
- Detailed per-stream statistics like throughput, packet loss, delay and jitter helps gain insights into network performance
- Command Line Interface (CLI) to access all the functionalities remotely such as using TCL (Tool Command Language) and MAPS CLI Client/Server architecture
- Real-time results are presented per port and all-port basis in both tabular as well as graphical formats. Detailed test result reports for each of the simultaneous tests in PDF and CSV file formats
- Test multiport Switches/Routers with simultaneous Bit Error Rate Test (BERT) for long‐term integrity testing
- Perform long term service integrity testing prior to deploying carrier Ethernet networks with long term high density BERT testing
- Testing Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Q-in-Q (Stacked VLAN) enabled networks
- End to end testing of network paths, and network devices like Ethernet switches/router for QoS parameters
- In-depth troubleshooting of the carrier network in the event of network failures or impairments
- SLA benchmark testing with RFC2544 tests
- Smart loopback mode for single‐ended testing scenarios
- Flood the test network with full wirespeed simultaneous Ethernet/IP streams (up to 96 streams from six Ports), and measure the IP performance metrics like packet loss, delay and jitter.