Battery capacity analyser stores data for up to 50 batteries
Designer and manufacturer of reliable, cost-effective test and measurement instruments, B&K Precision, has announced the next evolution of the 600 series, with the new 603B. The 603B handheld battery capacity analyser tests six and 12 volt sealed lead acid batteries with capacities up to 100Ah. Test results include voltage, state of charge, and internal resistance.
The 603B keeps the popular fast test cycle time of the 600B and 601B and adds several new features for battery testing used in low voltage system integration and related trades. These new features include the ability to store and recall test configurations and measurement results, charger circuit testing and removable cables. Each record includes information such as building name, panel location, system type, battery manufacturer and serial number.
The complete set of fifty battery records can be stored internally or externally to a computer, expanding record keeping to an unlimited number of batteries. With the provided software, measurements can be transferred from the 603B to the computer. The measurement results can be used to enhance preventive maintenance programs, by evaluating how each battery changes over time.
The 603B battery capacity analyser is the ideal choice for testing sealed lead acid batteries commonly used in intrusion detection, fire alarm, security camera, access control, industrial control, and other battery backup systems.
Key features of the new 603B
- Fast test cycle time for quick sorting of batteries.
- Test configuration and measurements are stored to internal memory.
- Add or edit records using the keypad or remote computer.
- Pre-load up to 50 test configuration records from the computer via USB.
- Test both open and loaded battery voltage.
- Powered by the battery under test.
- Built-In charge circuit testing.
- Twist-lock test leads can be changed in seconds.
- Closed case calibration and firmware updates via USB.
Available now, B&K Precision's 603B battery capacity analyser is listed at $675.