Teledyne announces Ladybug6 cameras for 360-degree image capture
Teledyne FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions is pleased to announce the Ladybug6 – the latest addition to its field proven Ladybug series.
Ladybug6 is the high-resolution camera designed to capture 360-degree spherical images from moving platforms in all-weather conditions. Its industrial grade design and out-of-the-box factory calibration produces 72MP images with pixel values that are spatially accurate within +/- 2 mm at 10-meter distance.
“The new Teledyne Ladybug6 is designed for mobile mapping and all-weather inspection projects requiring excellent image quality and high resolution,” said Mike Lee, Senior Product Manager at Teledyne FLIR. “With the addition of Ladybug6, we are now pleased to offer a wider variety of spherical cameras with higher resolutions ranging from 30MP to 72MP.”
The Ladybug6 builds on Teledyne’s machine vision heritage with increased image resolution, enhanced on-board processing, and robust IP67-rated connectors. Building on the field proven Ladybug5+, the Ladybug6 captures, compresses, and transmits 8- or 12-bit pixel data delivering outstanding images across a wide range of lighting conditions with excellent colour response, low noise, and a high dynamic range.
Designed from the ground up to capture images from moving platforms in outdoor environments, the Ladybug6 features a wide operating temperature range (-30°C to +50°C), support for additional Global Navigation Satellite Systems, and trigger control by hardware or software with advanced APIs for complete camera control.
Ladybug6 cameras are engineered to deliver high-accuracy, high-resolution, and dependable results for applications such as HD mapping, asset management, roadside inspection, panoramic street image production for street view, road surveying, heritage scanning, building management, among several others.
- Captures 72 Megapixel images with spatial accuracy of +/- 2 mm at 10-meter distance
- Frame rates of up to 29.9FPS at 4K resolution, 15FPS at 72MP
- Wide operating temperature range of -30°C to +50°C
- IP65 rating with industrial grade IP67 rated connectors
- Support for additional Global Navigation Satellite Systems
- Excellent colour response, low noise, and a high dynamic range
- Captures, compresses, and transmits 8- or 12-bit pixel data
- Feature rich and user-friendly Ladybug SDK
- All-metal body with 2-year warranty