Sony unveils a new Walkman with enhanced sound quality and longer battery life
Sony has introduced a new music player, the NW-A306 to the Walkman series family. The player is designed for listeners to hear music the way the artist intended with high-quality sound and a sleek design.
The NW-A306 is designed for discerning users looking for high-quality sound and style. This stylish and compact music player lets users download and stream more of the music they love. The NW-A306 series is dedicated to delivering exceptional music experiences right from the user’s pocket thanks to full Wi-Fi compatibility, weighing just 113g plus the comfort and function of both a 3.6” touch screen and tactile physical music controls.
The premium aluminium milled frame on the NW-A306 provides superior rigidity for low impedance and clear, stable sound and solid bass.
NW-A306 main features:
- Faithful sound reproduction
- S-Master HX digital amp technology, independently developed for Walkman is compatible with the native DSD format, reducing distortion and noise across a wide range of frequencies, for rich and full-bodied sound, further enhanced by new high-quality sound lead-free solder
- The NW-A306 applies a reflow solder containing gold, whose effect is significant in the overall improved sound localisation and wider sound space
- A dual clock, film capacitor and fine sound register have been precisely placed within the Walkman.
- Updated DSEE Ultimate for enhancing streaming music quality
- Edge-AI, DSEE Ultimate™ (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) which accurately upscales compressed digital music files to higher quality. The evolving algorithm now delivers even greater benefits for CD-quality (16b 44.1/48kHz) lossless codec audio. Restoring acoustic subtleties and dynamic range provides a richer, more complete listening experience
- DSEE Ultimate™ for upscaling music, whether it is Wi-Fi streamed or downloaded. Plus DSEE Ultimate™ can also be enjoyed with wireless headphones
Sustainability in mind
Our products are designed with the environment in mind. No plastic is used in the packaging material for the NW-A306, reflecting Sony’s commitment to reducing the environmental impact of our products and practices.
Pricing and availability
NW-A306 has a suggested retail price of £350/€400 and will be available to purchase across Europe from January 2023.
(Image Courtesy of Sony Europe.)