Ultrasonic sensing water meter for provides superior performance
This reference design from Texas Instruments helps designers develop an ultrasonic water-metering subsystem using an integrated, ultrasonic sensing solution (USS) module, which provides superior metrology performance with low-power consumption and maximum integration.
The design is based on the 256KB MSP430FR6047 microcontroller (MCU), with integrated high-speed, ADC-based, signal acquisition and an integrated low energy accelerator (LEA) to optimise digital signal processing.
- Best-in-class metrology performance: 25-ps zero-flow drift (ZFD) and 32-ps single-shot standard deviation.
- Low-power consumption: Approximately 2.5 μA with 1-MHz transducer at one measurement per second for metrology.
- Flexibility to test different pipes and transducers; direct interface to pair of transducers.
- Easy to test and customise using Ultrasonic Sensing Design Center graphical user interface (GUI).
- Ultrasonic sensing software library includes time of flight (ToF) algorithms.
- Standalone demo using liquid-crystal display (LCD).
To learn more, click here.