The face is the focus for Image-sensing unit
An easy to mount and compact Human Vision Component (HVC) from Omron Electronic Components is available at Premier Farnell. The HVC incorporates ten different image sensing functions and a choice of wide angle and long-distance options to match users range needs for applications from digital signage and vending machines to home appliances and security doors.
The HVC is an image-sensing unit that can recognise human face expression, gender, age, gaze and blink into a camera module. The HVC-P2 boasts a maximum recognition speed 10 times of HVC model.
Ten types of image-sensing functions are incorporated to recognising human conditions in various perspectives such as face detection, human body detection, hand detection, face direction estimation, gaze estimation, blink estimation, age estimation, gender estimation, expression estimation, (five facial expressions: neutral, happiness, surprise, anger & sadness) and face recognition.
The HVC-P2 consists of a camera and a separate main board connected via a flexible flat cable allowing it to be installed on the edge of a flat display unit.
Output image can be chosen from three types no image output, 160x120 pixels and 320x240 pixels.
Key features include:
- Long range and wide angle options: Long range - Horizontal detection range (angle of view) is 54°, vertical detection range (angle of view) is 41°. Wide angle - Horizontal detection range (angle of view) is 94°, vertical detection range (angle of view) is 76°
- Supply voltage is 5VDC ±10%, consumption current below 0.4A
- Operating temperature range from 0°C to +50°C (no condensation or freezing)
- Easy to mount and compact format to provide image sensing capability to various devices
- RAW (8bit, Y data) image format
- Camera board size is 25mm x 25mm, main board size is 45mm x 45mm