Sensor technology summit highlights range of innovations
More than 400 electronics industry experts will gather at SEMI MEMS & Imaging Sensors Summit on 25th-27th September, 2019 in Grenoble, France, for the latest MEMS and imaging sensors technology developments and innovations that are advancing the user experience with hundreds of millions of smart devices. MEMS and imaging sensors power a wide range of applications including autonomous systems for transportation and agriculture, cellular security systems, MR headsets and biomedical wearables.
The SEMI MEMS & Imaging Sensors Summit will also showcase how companies now combine intelligent sensing technology with data analytics, low power networks, and machine learning for smart city applications such as smart parking, smart irrigation, smart construction and smart lighting.
Featuring both MEMS sensor technology and Imaging sensors tracks, the Summit opens with executive keynotes by Alibaba, TowerJazz, Microsoft, and VTT and addresses by Claudia Levo, executive vice president, Integrated Marketing and Communications, STMicroelectronics, and Laith Altimime, president, SEMI Europe.
“Exciting advancements in MEMS and imaging sensors are changing the way we live, work and play,” said Laith Altimime, President, SEMI Europe.
“With MEMS and imaging sensors so synergistic, this year we offer a unified conference with industry leaders across multiple markets providing insights on cutting-edge trends and technical innovations, all under one roof. Global experts will network and collaborate across the supply chain and market segments - from transportation and industrial to consumer mobile and biomedical - to drive the development of next-gen smart devices.”
Keynote sensor technology presentations
- Sean Ding, Chief Scientist of AIoT, Alibaba Cloud Intelligent, Digitise the Physical World - Ding will discuss how Alibaba Cloud’s IoT platform is accelerating the rollout of sensors across a broad range of applications.
- Avi Strum, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Sensor Business Group, TowerJazz, Considerations of Optical Fingerprint and 3D Face Recognition Sensors for Cellular Security Applications - Strum will discuss the evolution of security features in the cellular market and the role of sensors.
- Sunil Acharya, Senior Director of Sensor Development HoloLens, Microsoft, Sensors in Mixed Reality - Acharya will explore holographic mixed reality and explain the innovative algorithms and sensors it developed for Microsoft HoloLens 2.
- Antti Vasara, President and CEO at VTT, A Touch of Finnish Sense - Vasara will discuss how sensor fusion, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other innovations enable new solutions to global challenges.
Other SEMI MEMS and sensor technology highlights
- New – Download the event app to participate in B2B Matchmaking
- Technology Showcase – See companies stage live demonstrations of products powered by MEMS and imaging sensor devices as they compete for audience votes.
- The Exhibition Area – Meet innovators driving the future of MEMS and imaging sensors design and manufacturing.
- Attend networking events such as the welcome reception and gala dinner held for all summit attendees and exhibitors.
The Summit will be at the WTC in Grenoble, France.