Detector reference design enables sensor-to-cloud networks
This reference design demonstrates how to create an industrial sensor-to-cloud end node capable of connecting to an IoT network gateway and cloud data provider.
This design uses Texas Instruments’ nano-power operational amplifiers, comparators, and the SimpleLink ultra low power Sub-1GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) platform to demonstrate an ultra low power sensor-to-cloud motion detector, leading to extremely long battery life and no required wiring.
- Large network-to-cloud connectivity enabling long range, up to 1km (line of sight)
- IEEE 802.15.4e/g standards-based sub-1GHz solution with TI 15.4-stack
- Use of nano-power analog for ultra-low-power design, resulting in ten year battery life from single CR2032 coin cell
- Low standby current of 1.65μA (PIR sensor remains active in standby)
- Interrupt driven sub-1GHz wireless communication of motion for increased power savings
- Motion sensitivity up to 30ft
For more information, click here.