Current amp and fault detection for solar inverters ref. design
This reference design provides a solution for an accurate shunt-based current measurement on the low side with an integrated fault-detection feature. It consists of a current sense amplifier which supports current sensing for a high bandwidth. The fault detection feature allows detection of undercurrent and overcurrent faults. The design provides a performance comparison between shunt-based current sensing and current sensing using a hall sensor.
- Shunt based low side current sensing system with negative common mode support
- Compact system for current sensing
- High bandwidth current sensing of up to 400kHz
- Bidirectional current sensing support
- Integrated undercurrent and overcurrent detection with less than 1µs response time
- Less than 0.3% error in measurement for complete DC current range (-3A to 15A)
Discover more here.