TVS diode arrays can protect automotive CAN lines
Littelfuse, Inc. has introduced a series of AEC-Q101-qualified TVS Diode Arrays optimised to protect automotive Controller Area Network (CAN) lines from damage due to electrostatic discharges (ESDs), electrical fast transients (EFTs), and other overvoltage transients. AQ24CANFD Series TVS Diode Arrays can absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in industry standards without performance degradation and can safely withstand 3A surges at a very low clamping voltage.
Like a growing number of devices designed for use in automotive electronics, the AQ24CANFD Series is PPAP-capable, which means Littelfuse uses the Production Part Approval Process to confirm that the device’s supplier understands the design specifications and has a process capable of producing product to meet these requirements, during an actual production run, at the quoted production rate.
Automotive applications for AQ24CANFD Series TVS Diode Arrays include protecting:
• Drive-by-wire (CAN BUS) lines.
• Engine control modules.
• Anti-lock brakes.
• Air bag and other safety circuits.
• Electronic control units.
• Body control units.
• ADAS control units.
• Power train control units.
They are also suitable for factory automation and lightning control (DALI) applications.
“These PPAP-capable devices provide enhanced performance verification across a wider temperature range than most commercial products can offer and the clearly defined product flow from wafer creation to back-end processes ensures their provenance,” said Tim Micun Business Development Manager, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA Diodes) at Littelfuse.
“Our raw material supplier partnerships ensure a predictable pricing component lifetime cycle and allow offering same-site assembly over multiple design-in cycles.”
AQ24CANFD Series TVS Diode Arrays offer these key benefits:
• Enhanced ESD (21kV) and surge (3A) protection well in excess of industry standards allows for worry-free use in demanding automotive environments.
• Low dynamic resistance (0.5Ω RDYN) provides for a 10 percent reduction in clamping voltage when compared to similar market solutions for superior clamping performance.
• Low capacitance (11.5 pF typ.) helps preserve signal integrity and minimise data loss.
AQ24CANFD Series TVS Diode Arrays are available in surface-mount SOT23-3 packaging in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorised Littelfuse distributors worldwide.