Traffic monitoring object detection and tracking reference design using mmWave radar sensor
The TIDEP-0090 reference design demonstrates how TI single-chip millimetre-wave (mmWave) technology can be used for robust, long range sensing in traffic monitoring and other applications.
The reference design uses the IWR1642BOOST evaluation module (EVM) and integrates a complete radar processing chain onto the IWR1642 device. The processing chain includes the analog radar configuration, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) capture, low-level FFT processing, and high-level clustering and tracking algorithms. This reference design is intended to be built on top of the TI mmWave software development kit (SDK) for a cohesive software experience that includes APIs, libraries and tools for evaluation, development, and data visualisation.
- Demonstration of environmentally robust object detection, clustering, and tracking using TI single-chip mmWave sensor IWR1642
- IWR1642 mmWave sensor pinpoints location of objects over a range of 70m for multi-lane monitoring and 195m for single-lane monitoring
- Measurement bandwidth of 76GHz to 77GHz
- IWR1642 with integrated digital signal processor (DSP) to cluster objects and track their range and velocity over time
- Based on proven EVM hardware designs enabling quick time to market and out of the box
For more information click here.