SiC MOSFET comes in seven-lead TO-263-7 surface mount package
Availability and full design support capabilities for a new silicon carbide power MOSFET from Wolfspeed have been announced by Richardson RFPD. The 1200V, 75 mΩ C3M0075120J features Wolfspeed’s C3M SiC MOSFET technology and is available in a compact, seven-lead TO-263-7 surface mount package.
The Kelvin source Pin 2 in the TO-263-7 package supports driving the device at higher frequencies and enables highly efficient designs.
The MOSFET features 7mm of creepage distance between drain and source, high blocking voltage with low on-resistance, high-speed switching with low capacitances, and fast intrinsic diode with low reverse recovery (Qrr).
The device is optimised for renewable energy, EV battery charger, high-voltage DC/DC converter and switch-mode power supply applications.
Key features of the C3M0075120J include:
- Drain source voltage (Vds max): 1200V
- Continuous drain current (Id) at 25°C: 30A
- Rds(on): 75mΩ
- Total gate charge (Qg): 51nC
- Maximum junction temperature: 150°C
- Output capacitance (Coss): 58pF
- Reverse-recovery charge (Qrr): 220nC
- Reverse-recover time (Trr): 18ns