Rail power supply slim design receives maritime approval
Delta Electronics has added a new 24V/40A output to the CliQ M series of DIN rail power supply. The CliQ M series has the highest power density among the CliQ family and is also the first series in the CliQ family to feature Advanced Power Boost (APB). APB works to protect the system by ensuring continuous operation when a large inrush current is detected due to faulty load on a multiple load connection.
The DRM-24V960W1PN allows remote shut-down using an external switch or voltage as well as adjustment of the output voltage.
With a protected microcontroller inside the power supply, it acquires and stores operating data during the life of the power supply, which can be used for troubleshooting analysis.
Like the rest of the other models in the CliQ M series, it includes major international approvals such as maritime approval (environmental category: C, EMC 2), IEC/EN 61558-2-16 (safety of power supplies), IEC/EN 61010-1 (electrical equipment for measurement, control) and UL 508 (Industrial Control Equipment); conforms to harmonic current IEC/EN 61000-3-2, Class A.
All models are fully compliant with RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU for environmental protection.
Highlights and features
- Universal AC input voltage range
- Built-in active PFC with up to 95.5% efficiency
- Full power from -25 to +60°C @ 5,000m (16,400ft.)
- Power boost of 150% up to seven seconds
- Advanced Power Boost (APB) - prevents system shutdown due to faulty load on a multiple loads connection
- DNV GL and ABS approvals for maritime applications
- Built-in DC OK Contact and LED indicator for DC OK/ Overload
- Conformal coating on PCBAs to protect against common dust and chemical pollutants
- Current sharing for parallel connection / output voltage remote adjustment / internal data logging for troubleshooting